Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc.
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-07-2019, 05:59 PM   #57
NXR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryantclan View Post
It phones home to api.winegard.io both at boot and every few minutes. It is an ssl connection so I have to get in the middle of it to see what it is doing.
Hopefully it's not using certificate pinning to avoid an SSL intercept. It does not use HSTS so that's not a problem. https://www.ssllabs.com/ssltest/anal...&s=54.70.32.48

Funny story. During a pen test on the bank where I worked I had enabled HSTS and that thwarted the pen testers from getting an SSL intercept. They finally found an ancient copy of Firefox online, one that did not automatically update and that did not support HSTS so they finally got over that hurdle.

Ray
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-07-2019, 08:02 PM   #58

Has anyone tried taking out the sim and putting it into a cradle-pint or pepwave? Ie any imei locking?
Driveby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 10:31 PM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driveby View Post
Has anyone tried taking out the sim and putting it into a cradle-pint or pepwave? Ie any imei locking?
Yea it is imei locked.
Bryantclan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 06:52 AM   #60

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryantclan View Post
It phones home to api.winegard.io both at boot and every few minutes. It is an ssl connection so I have to get in the middle of it to see what it is doing.
Might this just be the GPS update?

That's about the same frequency Google updates location from a phone...turn on raw data in your location map in Google...scary stuff.

rm
rmueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 09:14 PM   #61

I had horrible service and customer service with Wineguard G3 + portable satellite dish, I;m very hesitant to give them $300 + again for marginal equipment.
Will be watching this thread.
hardint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 08:43 PM   #62

TOGO - Can I wire it into this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teamfoxy View Post
I initially set up my Togo inside the RV to make sure it was working OK. The coach is parked next to my S&B and I was getting 2 bars on my computers inside the house. After I installed the unit on the roof of the RV, the signal went to 4 bars inside the house. I did not consider mounting the Togo inside a cabinet because I would not want to loose the storage space.
On the roof, I installed the Togo halfway between the forward AC unit and The Max-Fan cover over the central hatch. It is about 2 feet from both. I figure the AC unit will protect the Togo in most cases.
There was already a satellite dish about six feet behind where I mounted the Togo and the cable leads down through a cabinet. I decided to run the 12V cable back to that location so as not to make another hole in the roof. The Togo comes with a cover plate that will allow both cables to exit side by side, so it was easy to re-caulk and cover the hole. I used Eternabond tape to secure the 12V cable to the roof so as not to have more screw holes from cable clamps.
Inside the wire passes inside a cabinet behind the control panel for the generator, water pump, water heater etc. and I mounted the switch just above that panel. There were also 14 ga +/- wires run to power a single LED light that we never seem to use. So I tapped into that for the 12V power source.
I’m not comfortable with splicing into wiring in my RV. Can I wire the TOGO into this and then just plug this in the RV?

https://www.amazon.com/110V-220V-Con.../dp/B073QTNF9F
dlvgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 07:37 AM   #63

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlvgolf View Post
I’m not comfortable with splicing into wiring in my RV. Can I wire the TOGO into this and then just plug this in the RV?

According to the TOGO specs it only draws max 1 Amp DC. So you should be fine.

We installed ours about 2 months ago have not had any issues. we used well over 50g last months did not notice any data throttling.
Beach Livin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 08:04 AM   #64

Has anyone tried the ethernet port to connect to another router?
Old 12-12-2019, 08:37 AM   #65

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlvgolf View Post

That device will totally work for you. Make sure you find an 'inverter/generator powered' outlet while driving, or you won't have TOGO while running down the road.

I actually did both...when driving I have it plugged into the 12vdc power from the MH, and when parked I switch it over to a 110vac adapter similar to the one you are looking at.

I bought a couple of pairs of the screw terminal adapters (like the one shown in the pic for the 110vac adapter from amazon - the thing with the green end, 2 screws). I have one on the TOGO, the mating end on a 110vac adapter and another mating end on the 12v supply (I piggy backed it off my CB fuse - TOGO doesn't use hardly any 12v power 1-2amps max).

Ron
Old 12-12-2019, 08:43 AM   #66

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by PbdBlue View Post
Has anyone tried the ethernet port to connect to another router?
Here is a YouTube where Dave Bott plugged in and said he got an IP address.

6:22 into the video

ron
Old 01-10-2020, 04:31 PM   #67

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Is the TOGO still a good deal with AT&T dropping their unlimited plan?
Warmrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 08:10 PM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warmrock View Post

NO
Old 01-11-2020, 06:08 AM   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warmrock View Post
The TOGO is also marketed by Winegard as the ConnecT 2.0 and is compatible with AT&T and Verizon. On Amazon the ConnecT sells for about $34 less than the TOGO.
Old 02-16-2020, 07:53 PM   #70

They've unlocked the Admin password. Go to your Connected App and you'll see the password. You can then log in via the web browser and update software. It's now Winegard.
jim1521 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
install, led