Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc.
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-16-2008, 03:52 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I started installing this dish at 5:00 pm yesterday and had the allstar game on all three tv's for the pregame. This dish is slick easy to set up, it finds and locks on to the HD sat in no time. I put a 42" LCD HD in the basement and the Blu Ray player I got for fathers day. It looks awesome. I think the last step for the outside viewing will be the Bose 321 system, my neighbors my not like it. I'll have to keep finding spots on the end.

Camp on,

Al

Morancy Adventures!!
03HRVacationer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-16-2008, 03:52 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I started installing this dish at 5:00 pm yesterday and had the allstar game on all three tv's for the pregame. This dish is slick easy to set up, it finds and locks on to the HD sat in no time. I put a 42" LCD HD in the basement and the Blu Ray player I got for fathers day. It looks awesome. I think the last step for the outside viewing will be the Bose 321 system, my neighbors my not like it. I'll have to keep finding spots on the end.

Camp on,

Al

Morancy Adventures!!
Old 07-17-2008, 02:16 AM   #3

Hi Al:

Were you replacing an existing system? Was the install straightforward? Any photos? What did you use to seal the old holes ?( if it was a replacement install)
2009 Silverado Toad
moisheh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 04:19 AM   #4
AL

Florida Cooters Club
Nor'easters Club
Solo Rvers Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Hi All,

Hey Al that sure sounded easy, and WOW 42# LCD in the basement, looking forward to seeing you & the upgrades at the Fally Rally !!!
Old 07-17-2008, 04:43 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Moisheh,

I used a tripod prior to this, The install couldn't have been any easier. It get's centered on the coach, you need to make sure you have all the clearence they call for while in the stowed position, I used the putty tape all the way around the base, screw the base down, use roof caulking to hit all the screw heads and another bead around the base for good measure. I drilled a 1" hole 24" back from the front of the coach for the wires, 1 control wire and 3 cable, It comes with a nice cover that the wires go into and covers the hole, caulked the base of the cover and screwed it down, caulked around the cables and screw heads. Done outside. You hook up the controller power it on and go to the install setting and it raises the arm to upright position so you can mount the deflector, 4 bolts and done. You follow the setup instuctions and hook up your boxes and before you know it the thing is locked on. HD viewing at its best. No kidding. I'll try to put up some pics.

Al,

Looking foreward to seeing you all in the fall, stay cool.

Al

Morancy Adventures!!
Old 07-17-2008, 03:00 PM   #6

Al,
Great info and photos would be appreciated. Are there only 3 outputs available or did you choose to use only 3? I know that the MotoSAT allows up to 4 outputs.
Bill Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 03:06 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Hi Bill,

The unit has 4, the documation says it will only support 3, I only needed 3, I could test it and see if a 4th one would work. I'll try to put up some pics over the weekend.

Al

Morancy Adventures!!
Old 07-18-2008, 05:25 AM   #8

Good job Al. I did a training course with Winegard last winter and we did a mock install and set up.I think the hardest part is getting the unit on the roof.How long did it take you to establish a signal? Its petty cool watching it go through its routine.

2006 FOUR WINDS HURRICANE 34N F-53
Frankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 02:23 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Hey Frankie!!

The very first time was maybe 5 minutes, we just pulled into Bayley's in Scarbough in a huge lighting storm and they have lost power here, when it passed I fired up the genny and hit the power button and the TV's were all on in about 3 1/2 minutes. My wife just realized why I wanted it. It's pouring out right now and we're sitting here watching TV. It is cool watching it do it's thing. As far as I'm conserened it just paid for it self.

We got to get together this summer, Sox tonight, Hey, We were at Lester's No Hitter, What a night.

Talk Soon

Al

Morancy Adventures!!
Old 07-23-2008, 11:12 AM   #10

The Winegard technical training says the Trav'ler can support up to 8 receivers, but I honestly don't know what that would involve.

The SK-3005 is my next personal upgrade. As soon as the DW gives me the go ahead..