RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc.
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-26-2011, 06:48 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
King Dome problem

We have a King Dome, not in motion...using Dish network. All of a sudden it keeps turning itself off for no reason. Anyone else having this problem.

cfing is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-27-2011, 11:42 PM   #2

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfing
We have a King Dome, not in motion...using Dish network. All of a sudden it keeps turning itself off for no reason. Anyone else having this problem.
Yes....if I understand your issue, so am not totally sure. So the dish has only 1 LNB(?). The noise is, the dish, moving between different satellites with power on at the receiver. I have got this to stop by turning the receiver off when not in use. So is this what your talking about?

Stevegd007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 06:08 AM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We had a similar problem about 18 months ago with the King Dome unit. There was a faulty circuit board in the control unit that was going to cost us about $250 to repair. I was not impressed with the King Dome unit or their customer service and had a Winnegard Traveler unit installed. It is a great addition to our motor home and has worked flawlessly. Simple, easy and one of the few things that does what the advertisement lauds.
Old 05-28-2011, 06:11 AM   #4

Freightliner Owners Club
Send a message via Skype™ to fxdave
call kvh they will help you great support
Old 05-29-2011, 11:18 AM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
King Dome problem

What is KVH? Also our unit will be on for awhile, after finding all the satellites, and then, for no reason, shut itself off.
Old 05-29-2011, 11:37 AM   #6

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
My guess is KVH maybe the King Dome folks. But the name does not match the name, if you know what I mean. Then it looks like you should get hold of the experts at King Dome, look here: http://www.kingcontrols.com/support_..._king_dome.asp
Stevegd007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 07:55 PM   #7

I had a simular problem, my power converter was bad. I changed the converter, and it fixed the problen.
Darwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 04:18 PM   #8

I have a 9720 tracking King Dome and use Dish. The system worked good getting satellite 110 and 119 for the last 4 years, but we decided to get HDTV for the RV, so we got a free standing dish and a new HD reviever through Dish. Installed HD tv's in the livingroom and bedroom and watched HD tv using the free standing dish. Then,,,, tried to use the tracking dome (not for HD) and it would lock on,,,but not provide a picture. We are not sure if it is the new Dish reciever or just the KD. On my rig I have to switch between exterior signal and the KD, so have checked that. Am curious if others have made the switch from KD to Winnegard Traveler like Tigersharkjd? I have not found much info on KD being willing to up grade their older units to HD.

Jimmie & Terrina
40 ALFA Gold
1999 Jaguar Toad
Jimmiesuper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 04:52 PM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
fxdave may have been having a senior moment. KVH is another sat dome manufacturer. They have nothing to do with King Dome.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 06:09 PM   #10

Winnebago Owners Club
The dish will find its satellites, be fine for awhile and then for no reason, shut itself off.
Old 06-04-2011, 06:39 AM   #11

Freightliner Owners Club
Send a message via Skype™ to fxdave
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryKD View Post
fxdave may have been having a senior moment. KVH is another sat dome manufacturer. They have nothing to do with King Dome.
too funny ! sorry !
Old 06-10-2011, 09:24 AM   #12
CSB
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfing View Post
The dish will find its satellites, be fine for awhile and then for no reason, shut itself off.
It sounds like the power to the antenna is either being starved at some point or is intermittently interrupted. I recommend you call King Controls customer service at (952) 922-6889 x373.