Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc.
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-01-2012, 08:50 PM   #1

KVH Power Switch...and "Light" not Working

Hi!

I have a 2008 Fleetwood Bounder Diesel Pusher.

We are Traveling right now...and today, we discovered that our KVH Satellite would not "Search"...I looked at the Switch and the "Light" is not On...although the Switch is in the On Position.

We have NEVER had an issue with our Satellite...or the Switch...and have used it while on our current Trip...

I can hear the Satellite trying to move...but just for a second...and then it stops...like it is under Powered or something

Does anyone know if this is a Fuse issue...and where would I find that Fuse to check it??

Our Switch is located in the Cabinet above and on the Drivers side.

Any and all Feedback is greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

FLTravelers
FLTravelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-02-2012, 12:50 AM   #2
YC1

It is very sensitive to low voltage.
A fuse will not cause the issue unless the holder has heated and becomes resistive. The switch panel is easy to take out and measure the voltage on the back of the panel. It could be a loose wire held in place with a screw on the back of the plate as well.

YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 02:41 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
Look for loose wiring for the + and - side of the circuit. Measure voltage to be sure you have at least 12.0 vdc.
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 03:56 AM   #4

KVH sell a 15 volt adapter (converts from 110) which they recommend using. It plugs in the back of the switch panel and will give you adequate voltage while inverter is running regardless of battery voltage.
Old 05-02-2012, 10:48 AM   #5
YC1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBeauchamp View Post
KVH sell a 15 volt adapter (converts from 110) which they recommend using. It plugs in the back of the switch panel and will give you adequate voltage while inverter is running regardless of battery voltage.

Adding my 2C's about the power supply which I have done with excellent results is once the sat is locked on (direct tv) for me, you can turn the dish off and save power and it won't go searching. If you are running the inverter you usually are boondocking or rolling down the road which should not be an issue because the alternator should be keeping up. That said the run from the batteries on mine drop 1.5 volts so with the engine off and any load on the batteries and the dish used to go hunting. With the power supply the issue is resolved.

YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 11:38 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBeauchamp View Post
Had to add the power supply to my KVH. Worked like a champ.
sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 11:53 AM   #7

X2 pm adding the power supply!

Tags
power