RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc.
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-19-2019, 08:41 PM   #1

KVH Tracvision L3 RF board

Anyone know where can I get my RF board repaired for my KVH Travision L3 satellite dish? The dish stopped working properly. Having communication failure with RF board. Used flash wizard and can read main board but not the RF board. Would consider buying a compatable board if one is available.

gatrue is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-21-2019, 07:22 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatrue View Post
Anyone know where can I get my RF board repaired for my KVH Travision L3 satellite dish? The dish stopped working properly. Having communication failure with RF board. Used flash wizard and can read main board but not the RF board. Would consider buying a compatable board if one is available.
Try calling Frank Carlson, he's the west coast rep fro KVH (760) 835-2400. He's in Lake Havasu, AZ

LJowdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 06:59 AM   #3

Thank you for the information. I will give him a call.
Old 10-21-2019, 08:09 AM   #4

KVH R4 or R5 PCB - RF circuit board

I called Frank and he wasn't able to help me.

Also talked with Dave at Sat2Go. He wasn't able to help me either.

Worked with tech at KVH and tried to reflash the board. Only able to get to 3% completion of installing the software. Tech aid I need to replace the board.

So, I am looking for an R4 or R5 RF board or a KVH dish that has the R4/5 RF board in it. Or if anyone knows where I can get my RF board repaired?
Old 10-21-2019, 09:53 AM   #5

I just removed a R5SL in motion and its sitting in my garage. It got dated working with Dish so I went portable. I was going to trash it. Are you using your with Direct TV? I upgraded mine from a R4SL non in motion. If I recall there was a RF board and motor I had to swap in. Don't recall if I kept the R4 parts. For awhile KVH said they might be working an RF7 board for the R4/5 but that fell through. Said there wasn't enough room under the dome. I live in central PA.
Old 10-21-2019, 11:36 AM   #6

I thought I sent his already. My computer shutdown.

Yes I using Directv. KVH says the dish will work for both Dish and Directv.

According to KVH the R5SL RF board will work. The R5SL will need to be reprogrammed. They said the R4 board wood work as well.
Old 10-21-2019, 03:08 PM   #7

Back around 2015 Dish changed some tracking parameters. I made some changes to the RF board per a KVH bulletin. Something happened again after that. I could only track one of three satellites. KVH said I needed to upgrade to a newer system as they were not developing an RF7 board for the R4/5SL units. They offer a small trade in program. Wasn't much. That's when I bought the Winegard Pathway X2.
Old 10-21-2019, 06:18 PM   #8

Is the whole R5SL dish available or are the boards available?
Old 10-22-2019, 06:45 AM   #9

Your welcome to the whole unit or the RF board. I have no use for it. I couldn't locate the R4SL RF board or stepping motor from when I upgraded to R5. But the R5SL is complete and has in motion. I don't have the power switch for inside or the power cable from the switch to the dome. I cut it when removing the unit from the roof. I also left the three mounting straps on the roof so I didn't have to seal the screw holes. Let me know. The unit itself is pretty big to ship. I live at 16668.
Old 10-22-2019, 07:26 AM   #10

I will take it.
I will send a private message.

Tags
vision