Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc.
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-13-2017, 03:24 AM   #1

Largest Flat Screen in RV

I've seen RV with flat screen tv up to 55 inches. Now with the manufacture up to 80 inch tvs what is the largest has anyone installed in their rig. I'm looking to install a 65 inch but I haven't seen any rigs with a tv that large. Can some one point me in the direction of pics of a rig with a 65" flat screen or an installer.
da808popo is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-13-2017, 05:45 AM   #2

Saw where a guy had a 6 or 7 foot drop down movie screen over the dashboard and a projection unit back near the kitchen. I suppose you could hang a sheet on the side of the rig and have outdoor movies too.
Grace & Carl. Full time 5/31/16. Past-1980-ish 24 ft class A. 2003 Monaco Dynasty 40 Chancellor, 2010 Mini Cooper S, both CRASHED on 11/19 Now - 2006 Monaco Dynasty Platinum IV, 2011 Mini Cooper S CRASHED November 11/21 deer strike. 2016 GMC Acadia.
Pepperell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 05:49 AM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
My thoughts on this, it is not about how big the screen is, it is about the sitting distance from the screen that determines the size needed to comfortably view it.
TV Viewing Distance Calculator: What Screen Size To Buy?
Old 05-14-2017, 10:57 AM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Location: Camarillo, CA ---Back in the house after 7 yrs fulltiming
Take a look at some of the high end MH manufactures websites and photos. I'm pretty sure they have 65".
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic23522_1.gif]
Duner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 10:26 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duner View Post
Take a look at some of the high end MH manufactures websites and photos. I'm pretty sure they have 65".

I did. The largest I found was 50-55". Im a little surprised that I haven't seen one from the factory with a 65". I have seen Airstream with a projector option from the factory that's pretty nice but I like motor homes more then trailers or fifth wheels.
da808popo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 07:02 AM   #6

We were at one of the larger Prevost maintenance/repair/upgrade shops and they had a three or four new 55" Samsungs waiting to be installed in motorhomes.

If you're serious about a 65" in your motorhome, do two things:

1. Figure out how close to the TV you'll be sitting. Then go to a TV store and stand that same distance from a 65" TV. Ask the salesperson if you can view a regular OTA channel (it should be presented on the TV as HD, probably 1080p, maybe 720 something or 1080i ... but NOT 4K). I think you're years away from getting 4K in a campground or OTA or regularly over the satellite. I question whether many TV programs/movies are being shot in 4K yet. In most cases at the TV store you're watching a 4K/Ultra High Definition feed which is NOT what you'll get at home. Make sure you're watching in the store what you'll be watching in your motorhome.

2. Then measure a 65" TV. Making a cardboard template of the TV. Use the template to find a place in your motorhome where a 65" would fit. I think you'll find out that only a motorhome with a really, really ceiling will work with a 65" ... or to use some kind of motorized drop down device in the front of the motorhome from the ceiling.
1999 Prevost XLV-Liberty Elegant Lady #405
2011 Chevy HHR
2014 Bravo 26' enclosed race trailer
Dick in Wisc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scr