Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc.
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-13-2010, 09:24 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Like I said, Directv for your RV,with dish

As I said earlier and was shot down unmercifuly,Directv has a set-up for the RV that includes the dish and tripod for $29.99 a month.
All doubters go here: DIRECT TV For your RV- Free Directv RV kit | Directv Sat TV.
Larry & Rita is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-13-2010, 09:49 AM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Note that the website to which you give the link isn't DirecTV...it's a DirecTV dealer (see the "An Authorized DIRECTV Dealer" in the upper left-hand corner).

As I also said, the official DirecTV website has links to just two dome dealers...KHV and King Controls. It says nothing about a dish on a tripod (which...as I said, if you'd bothered to read what I actually wrote...the dish on a tripod was offered by a DirecTV dealer, the exact dealer to which you have now given the link to).

And you'll also notice that the $29.99 is the "starting" price. You can select other packages at higher prices.
Old 11-13-2010, 09:53 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Tricky. When I first went to the link I thought it was DirecTv.com but after reading Linda's post and taking a second look it's directsat.com.

Rick

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 04:02 PM   #4
paz

They run ads in the RV magazines all the time. As Linda says, they are a DirecTV dealer. Their name is Direct SAT TV, not DirecTV. It's the dealer that is providing the extra dish, tripod, and cable - not DirecTV.

The tripod they supply is a standard roof-mount tripod meant for permanent installations. It's heavy, and it isn't very easy to adjust for repeated setups. There are tripods that are a lot easier to use for mobile applications. I have even seen a ground-mount that you can make yourself very inexpensively out of PVC pipe.
paz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 05:49 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I give up-just trying to help
Larry & Rita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 06:21 PM   #6

I don't know if you have one of these tripods, but I have one and have used it for 3 years in all kind of places. It is a piece of cake to set up and use and it is not meant for permanant installation. I wish you would post a pic of your pvc tripod.
jetfromtn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 07:45 PM   #7
paz

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetfromtn View Post
...I wish you would post a pic of your pvc tripod.
Here ya go.

paz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 10:12 PM   #8

I answered the ad. They sent me the movable sat system which is still in the box in my garage. When you add the DVR box the price goes up, but if you stick with the basic plan it is the advertised 29 buck price. In my case I was not really trying to cut the price of my cable supplier that much but was really just wanting a system that I could use at my house and take on the road. From that standpoint we are very happy with the Direct TV deal advertised in Motor Home Magazine.
B Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 07:08 AM   #9

Very nice piece of gear, How do you anchor it on a windy day?
jetfromtn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 08:33 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetfromtn View Post
Very nice piece of gear, How do you anchor it on a windy day?
I also built the pvc mount and have had it for 4 years. It is a low profile mount and if you are using the single lnb dish the wind does not bother it. I had it in winds upto 35 mph and no problems. Here is a link that will sh0w you how to build one. sat. I built the model with four feet.
Old 11-14-2010, 08:43 AM   #11

Fleetwood Owners Club
We have used our old Direct TV receiver in two motor homes after upgrading our home system to TIVO. Direct TV sent us a second access card and charges us $5 per month for connection, the same as they would for an extra receiver in your home.

We used it with a manual dish on our old MH, was a bit of a pain but it worked and with the new automatic dish.
Old 11-14-2010, 09:39 AM   #12
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Winegard "Carry Out" works for me.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 12:29 PM   #13

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Carryout

Greetings: We like the Winegard "carryout" a lot. Sets up on its tripod, easy to level and automatically locates the satellite quickly. Can be mounted on a roof or a ladder and works on either Direct or Dish.
Have fun!
Milt
Old 11-14-2010, 06:35 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrygrandpa View Post
As I said earlier and was shot down unmercifuly,Directv has a set-up for the RV that includes the dish and tripod for $29.99 a month.
All doubters go here: DIRECT TV For your RV- Free Directv RV kit | Directv Sat TV.

We got the tripod and dish for free when we subscribed to DISH. We were in a park in Pahrump, NV at the time.

2000 Sea View 34' Ford V10
rvgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote