Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc.
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-01-2012, 02:04 PM   #1

Solo Rvers Club
Logitech Speakers for Laptop Recommendation

I'm not sure I put this in the right subject area. I feel like I have a symphony on my lap. Thought if someone was in the market and wanted a recommendation--I'd give this an A+ Logitech Speakers for Laptop Once you get the packaging open, 2 minutes and you're up and running.Amazon.com: Logitech USB Laptop Speaker Z305: Electronics
HoboPals is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-01-2012, 03:11 PM   #2

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Have used Logitec speakers on computers in past, Decent speakers.

For high quality music I prefer to use headphones.

I have a very X large number, nice set of Boise noise canceling, the larger full coverage kind.. These not only work with the computer but a small edit (Change the cord) they fit my cell.. I mean they are SWEET. Beautiful sound and they get rid of most of the background noise as well. DO NOT USE WHILE DRIVING.

I was wearing them at a campground once while a kid's birthday party was going on around me.. Though I slightly exagrated their ability (I just turned up the volume a bit on the computer) when I was done the parents apologized for all the noise.

I held up the headsets and told them what they were and said "What noise?".

And I have a symphony or two on the hard drives around here too. Hours an hours of classical music. I also have a URL for you:

Classical Music Radio Online and Streaming Classical Music Internet Radio by Classical Music America

I actually have friends who work there.
Old 08-01-2012, 05:55 PM   #3

Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by wa8yxm View Post
Have used Logitec speakers on computers in past, Decent speakers.

For high quality music I prefer to use headphones.
Me, too, but I get tired of wearing them. Used to use them to block out sounds in the dentist office.

Quote:
I have a very X large number, nice set of Boise noise canceling, the larger full coverage kind. These not only work with the computer but a small edit (Change the cord) they fit my cell.. I mean they are SWEET. Beautiful sound and they get rid of most of the background noise as well. DO NOT USE WHILE DRIVING.
I use ear buds when driving. Have several different varieties.

Quote:
I was wearing them at a campground once while a kid's birthday party was going on around me.. Though I slightly exagrated their ability (I just turned up the volume a bit on the computer) when I was done the parents apologized for all the noise.
I believe that. As I said, they work wonders at the dentist along with nitric oxide, of course. Great ride.

I held up the headsets and told them what they were and said "What noise?".

Quote:
And I have a symphony or two on the hard drives around here too. Hours an hours of classical music. I also have a URL for you:

I like all kinds of music except hard rock.

Classical Music Radio Online and Streaming Classical Music Internet Radio by Classical Music America

I actually have friends who work there.
Well, thank you very much. That's a nice surprise. I'll be sure to play it.
Old 08-01-2012, 06:57 PM   #4

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
You are welcome, 3 of the voices you hear on that station are folks I know. In fact back when I lived in Detroit I had kind of a hobby of making CD clocks (I did a lot of audio recordings, Church Choir, Daughter (Classical flutist) and so on) and would burn them to CD's Well sometimes I got a good CD, sometimes a coaster, SO I turned a number of the coasters into clocks.

Davis Gloff, Jack Goggin and Trudy Bradly all worked at WQRS back in it's day and I met them at listener's parties,, They now work for CMA, I made each of them a clock. Davis particularly likes his, He says now, not only does he have a face that can stop a clock, He has a face that IS a clock, since the label I pasted to the CD featurs his mug at the 12:00 position.

Jack Goggin, also works (His day job) at the Music store in the Max Fisher Performing Arts Center (Orchestra Hall) so his clock not only has his mug on the CD, but a stage shot of the DSO below the CD. When I gave it to him (At the Max) he had folks wanting to buy it.
Old 08-01-2012, 07:05 PM   #5

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
Great thread. In case there is anybody that doesn't already know about it, Pandora is a good streaming music site. Make your own radio station. Enter a song, or an artist, and it will play music that shares certain 'qualities'. Thumbs up or down each song to further refine its selection. I use it a lot.
Ramblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 07:57 PM   #6

Solo Rvers Club
You're an interesting chap with what sounds like a lot of interesting friends. Love the clocks. Thanks for sharing.
Old 08-02-2012, 10:19 AM   #7

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
The clocks were fairly easy, the hard part was designing the labels for the CD.

I used a clock "Base" from one of the nursy and craft stores, Finished it (This is a wooden thing) added the clock movement (Same source or a local watch and clock place) and the CD, and in one case a printed photo. Fun to make and easy too.

I have another story with Davis Gloff... Knowing his sense of humor helped with this.

Dick Wallace (yet another WQRS person) was host of the classical music show on a short lived AM station WYUR. In order to try and increase listenership the station did a month long "Remote" from a local shapping mall, upscale one at that.

On the occasion of his 30th annerversery Dick told the story of his wedding, How Dr. Dave Wagner (Programming director at WQRS and a friend of Dicks, and a Church Organist) had a large brandy snifter on his organ.. Dick ask him way, Dave said "For tips of course".

Well the station has planned a "Sing-a-long" event.. With Davis on keys. I got ther eearly and scoured the mall for a large brandy snifter, No joy, but Williams-Samona has normal size ones.. So I got two. Ten bucks each.

Olga's was near the piano, SO I took my Mother-in-law to Olgas for lunch...

Davis arrived and started to warm up,, I got his attention and told him (holding my hand behind my back) that it seemed like a nice piano, just needed one thing. He ask want and producing the glass I said "For tips of course" (poor Dick dang near choked up at the microphone).

Well I finished lunch, put my 2¢ worth in (literally) the set producer found a couple of loose coins and tossed them in and the show started.. Dick mentioned the brandy snifter for tips and Davis said something like "Well yes, the tip jar is how you show your appreaction for the performer, Let's see, about 18 cents, guess that shows what they think of me".

During the show folks would rip in the odd dollar or some conis and such.

At the end Davis and I agreed to give the money to the Salvation Army Bell ringer who was also in the area.. She'd gone to lunch however and the kettle was locked.

So we left the thing with Dick, and he decided to count the cash, Over $67.00 went into the kettle that day.

Some days,, It just works.
Old 08-02-2012, 02:12 PM   #8

Solo Rvers Club
Funny story. I haven't listened, yet, but it's nice to know the background of the musicians--there's a guy in a Mexican place near here who is such a lousy singer he makes my ears hurt--but, he's got money in the jar when he leaves. Personally, I've been tempted to take it out! Thanks, again, for an interesting story.