Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc.
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-06-2018, 10:05 PM   #1

Looking for apps on Samsung Smart Phone

When I got my new Smart Phone last August there were page after page of apps to choose from, either free or to purchase. That's where i got the Directv satellite location app, which is really nice. Now when I press the app button on the start page all I get is a couple of pages of standard apps that are there all the time.

Can anyone explain how I can access all the available apps?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-06-2018, 10:25 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagonmaster2 View Post
When I got my new Smart Phone last August there were page after page of apps to choose from, either free or to purchase. That's where i got the Directv satellite location app, which is really nice. Now when I press the app button on the start page all I get is a couple of pages of standard apps that are there all the time.

Can anyone explain how I can access all the available apps?
Should be 4 pages of apps if it's a galaxy ... use bottom right button on screen should say apps.... then slide the page across to get to next page

Google play store to download more apps
wingnuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 10:46 PM   #3

Go to Google Play Store
Old 05-07-2018, 09:23 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Google Play Store APP looks like a blue triangle over a red triangle over a yellow one and you will need to sigh in, think mine is tied to Gmail.

LEN
Old 05-07-2018, 10:18 AM   #5

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Yup and there is not a limit to the number of pages you can have. I've had one, 2,3,4,5 at different times ... But the PLAY STORE app is where you find more apps.

I use the WINEGARD antenna tool on my current phone. It says i'm 25.x miles from teh station I'm watching.
Old 05-07-2018, 04:56 PM   #6

Thanks for all the replys. I guess when I've gone to Google Play store and it said to sign in I had no idea which to sign in with. Will try my Gmail log in and see what happens.

Is there also a place to log out? So many of those sites once you sign it you can't get rid of it after that.

And do they unindate you with ads every time you turn the phone on and go to apps? Seems every time I log on to my e-mail on the computer I have a hundred ads to delete
Old 05-10-2018, 05:24 PM   #7

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
RV APs can be addicting. I still have RV checklist, Bubble level, TV finder, and several Campground as well as Truckstop APs.
Playtime III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 05:57 AM   #8

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Yes you sign in as you do with G-Mail. same user name/password.

And then you will need to click on the menu (3 lines upper left) and coose APPS.

Then there is page arter page after page ater page after page ater page of mostly CRAP apps. and a few gems hidden in the refuse.

If your previous phone was a 'Droid and you got your apps from Google Play Store you may also choose MY APPS from that menu.

Then click on LIBRARY and you should have a list of Apps you instealled, and/or uninstalled, from the old phone