Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc.
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-18-2017, 08:32 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagonmaster2 View Post
I started out looking at the Galaxy S5 but read there was a lot of software space taken up with necessary up-grades. Then the S6 came out but read batteries could not be replaced in those.

Now I see the Galaxy S7 is on the market and wondering what weaknesses it may have from those of you who have one.

Appreciate any pros/cons with the S7 since this will be my first upgrade from the simple flip phone we've used forever. Not exactly technologically advanced here.
Get the new Google Android phone that you can associate with other carriers.
dexters is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-18-2017, 10:30 AM   #30

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexters View Post
Get the new Google Android phone that you can associate with other carriers.
Agreed. Buyers should strongly consider one of the many new phones that have dual radios (GSM and CDMA) and are unlocked so that you can move them to any carrier. The new Google Pixel phones are terrific (my kids have those). Google's previous phones (Nexus 5 and Nexus 6P), which you can still buy from places like Best Buy are excellent. I own the Nexus 6P and love it. The Motorola Moto-X Pure is a terrific phone and is on sale right now at Best Buy for only $270, which is a killer deal. And there are others as well. I would never buy another phone that only has 1 radio and/or is locked to a particular carrier.

Note that the terms "dual radio" and "unlocked" are not the same thing. You can buy dual radio phones that are not unlocked and unlocked phones that are not dual radio. You want a phone that is both dual radio and unlocked if you want full flexibility in moving to different carriers.
Old 01-19-2017, 08:01 PM   #31

I have had many, but the best I have ever had is a Moto-x by Motorola. It has been simply great. My wife has the I-phone and it does not compare with my Moto-x. And now they even have one called the Moto-z which is suppose to be even better. I just can not see how it could be better, but that is the claim. I have had mine now three years with no problems.
RayChez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 09:03 PM   #32

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
WAGONMASTER2: here is a nice site that compares all phone deals to see what is the best . . . https://www.whistleout.com/CellPhones

BTW - I still use a flip phone and it serves me well . . .
Member FMCA F421963, GS Life, SKP#127220, WIT, PA,
Robmat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
upgrade