Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vendor Spotlight (Deals, Announcements & More)
Click Here to Login

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 06-27-2016, 12:59 PM   #1

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Overland Owners Club
Maximum Signal Cell Booster/Repeater -Now available!

It's here!

TVforMyRV has the Max Amp Mobile RV cellular Booster Kit in stock and is ready for immediate shipment.

Key Features

This wireless cell phone booster for RVs offers plenty of benefits. The system:
  • •Has a wide coverage area — No matter how large your RV, you won’t have to deal with any dead zones. This RV cell phone booster easily covers a 45-foot RV. You don't have to sit next to your booster anymore.
  • •Offers multi-user support — You won’t have to take turns accessing your Internet or making phone calls. Up to eight users at a time can simultaneously access the cell phone signal and experience the same performance.
  • •Creates a vehicle "Cell Zone" — For reliable cellular access on the road, it creates a cell zone for your RV.
  • •Works with current 3G, 4G, and voice on all carriers — You don’t have to worry if it will work with the phones you have.
  • •Is fully automatic, no manual adjustments needed — Just set it up and sit back.
  • •Provides full access to your carrier’s data speeds — You won’t be slowed down. Instead, you can get the cellular access you’d expect.
  • •Has minimal antenna separation — You won’t experience a significant drop in strength as you would with other units.
  • •Is compatible with present and future technology — It works on 4G/LTE, and it will work on upcoming LTE advance/5G technology.
  • •Is quick and easy to install — You won’t spend much time or effort getting the unit up and running.
  • •Detects signals even if your device cannot — You benefit from cellular access when you otherwise wouldn’t have it.
  • •Works on multiple carriers simultaneously — Even if other users don’t have the same cell phone carrier, they can all access the signal.
  • •Features Reduced Antenna Separation Software (RASS) — This allows antennas to be closer together without reducing power.
PROUDLY MADE IN THE USA

You can get additional information here : MaxAmp Mobile RV Kit
Owners of: www.tvformyrv.com
TVforMyRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-27-2016, 02:03 PM   #2

Very timely post for me. I was about to pull the trigger on this booster: https://www.wilsonamplifiers.com/web...er-kit-470108/

Please tell me the differences in performance.

Thanks
Old 06-27-2016, 02:10 PM   #3

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
GREAT!! I need to order one as the DW is on the National Liver Transplant list and we are required to have cell phone service. I've already changed carriers (to Verizon) so I have better service. Have the DW's phone on Consumer Cellular which doesn't use Verizon towers so it has different coverage.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 04:21 PM   #4

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Overland Owners Club
Well, I wonder what happened to the lengthy reply I did 30 minutes ago....
Old 06-27-2016, 04:43 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
GREAT!! I need to order one as the DW is on the National Liver Transplant list and we are required to have cell phone service. I've already changed carriers (to Verizon) so I have better service. Have the DW's phone on Consumer Cellular which doesn't use Verizon towers so it has different coverage.
Consumer Cellular just sent me a new sim card for my phone as I was having reception problems compared to DW's phone. Turns out I had been on a T-Mobile plan while DW was on AT&T. Switching to AT&T service was a big improvement. No rate change by Consumer Cellular for the change either.
Old 06-27-2016, 07:13 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVforMyRV View Post
It's here!

You can get additional information here : MaxAmp Mobile RV Kit
Don,

I was looking at the MaxAmp Mobile RV Kit and I have a question. On the external mount antenna... One picture shows a permanent mount black antenna, another pic shows a magnetic mount antenna. Which one comes with the kit?

If it comes with a magnetic mount, what's the mounting solution... screw a steel plate on my motor home roof? This looks like a very nice system, but I'm just wondering the best way to overcome non-metallic surfaces, which is most of the exterior of my motor home.

Thanks!

Bill
vtwinwilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 07:19 PM   #7

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okiedoke View Post
Consumer Cellular just sent me a new sim card for my phone as I was having reception problems compared to DW's phone. Turns out I had been on a T-Mobile plan while DW was on AT&T. Switching to AT&T service was a big improvement. No rate change by Consumer Cellular for the change either.
DW's is a flip phone and has no SIM card, bought it at Target and it's only set for Consumer Cellular. Our favorite campground (although that may change this weekend too) is in a Verizon roaming area so we'll see how her phone does there. It's only about 9 miles off I-5 but on the way to Mt St Helens.
Old 06-27-2016, 07:24 PM   #8

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtwinwilly View Post
Don,

I was looking at the MaxAmp Mobile RV Kit and I have a question. On the external mount antenna... One picture shows a permanent mount black antenna, another pic shows a magnetic mount antenna. Which one comes with the kit?

If it comes with a magnetic mount, what's the mounting solution... screw a steel plate on my motor home roof? This looks like a very nice system, but I'm just wondering the best way to overcome non-metallic surfaces, which is most of the exterior of my motor home.

Thanks!

Bill
Same "problem" with ours and to add to it we have the Girard awnings on one side and the fake facade on the other. Putting an antenna directly on the roof will cause it to be "shaded" by the metal in them and going on top of the heat pumps or front and rear caps will put them up over 13' and more subject to damage. Plus there is no ladder built onto the rig so roof access is more of a problem!
Old 06-27-2016, 07:47 PM   #9

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Overland Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtwinwilly View Post
Don,

Thanks!

Bill
Bill,

At the moment I have the kits packaged with the mag mount antenna. The trucker antenna is also available at the same price, but after considering the pros and cons I think the mag mount is a better choice for most RV use. Here's why I think that.

The trucker antenna does not provide any significant improvement if any. If you mount the trucker antenna securely on the roof, it is going to be higher than any other stuff on the roof. In some cases may even be over the 13'6" height limitation. (Not that you'd get a ticket for it.) However, it absolutely would not survive any tree limb encounters.

If by some chance you did hit a tree limb with the mag mount, all you have to do is set it back up.

Your question about putting a mag mount on a rubber roof is a good one. I can't take credit for this idea, but I can pass it along.

You don't need a 10 foot square chunk of steel. Maximum Signal recommends a minimum of 8" x 8". Another option that works very well is an old circular saw blade, preferably 10". Most every handy man has an old saw blade that doesn't cut as well as it used to and the quality of the steel allows them to work very well as a ground plane.

Putting the steel ground plane on the roof does not have to be a difficult project.

Trace around the plate at the location you want to install the antenna and then put a bead of Dicor roof sealant around the outline. You can also crisscross under the steel for extra holding power. Press the steel down on the Dicor and let it cure for a day. If you want to some extra insurance run another bead of sealant around the top edge and let it cure. You now have a nice steel ground plane and never drilled a hole in the roof. If you really want to overkill the project, use double-sided tape under the steel.

You can paint the metal plate white if you want and no-one would ever notice it.
Old 06-27-2016, 11:10 PM   #10

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Same "problem" with ours and to add to it we have the Girard awnings on one side and the fake facade on the other. Putting an antenna directly on the roof will cause it to be "shaded" by the metal in them and going on top of the heat pumps or front and rear caps will put them up over 13' and more subject to damage. Plus there is no ladder built onto the rig so roof access is more of a problem!
So, any answer to my query?
Old 06-28-2016, 06:57 AM   #11

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Overland Owners Club
Quote:
So, any answer to my query?
Mr D,

Sorry for the delay in responding. The DW closed my laptop lid last night after the previous post and told me to come outside and watch the firefly/lightning bug display over the neighbors corn field... Then I fell asleep.

Your situation will cause some degradation in performance versus an "ideal" roof installation. However, even with this slight degradation, the system will greatly improve your cellular signal inside the coach.

Life is full of compromises and it seems even more so in the RV world.

As for the missing ladder, I can't help with that one...
Old 06-28-2016, 07:28 AM   #12

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Overland Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatchee View Post
Very timely post for me. I was about to pull the trigger on this booster: https://www.wilsonamplifiers.com/web...er-kit-470108/

Please tell me the differences in performance.

Thanks
Sorry for the delay here. I typed a big reply to this last night and when I posted it, a screen popped up to verify I wasn't a robot and then nothing more happened. I thought maybe the cyber gremlins would give it back, but I guess not.

A couple differences:
  • 8 simultaneous users instead of 4
  • Cell coverage throughout the whole RV, not just a few feet from the inside antenna
  • RASS (Reduced Antenna Separation Software) allows system to function with less antenna separation than the competition.
  • "Cleaner" signal with improved signal to noise ratio performance

I've done some limited testing as a user.

I used a piece of steel 8 x 8 as a ground plane and ran the cables through an open bedroom window for experimentation. Then I used gaffers tape (like duct tape but does not leave any sticky residue behind when you remove it) to attach the indoor antenna at various locations inside.
For this testing, the motorhome was parked inside a steel sided and steel roofed building, with the garage doors all closed. Using a cell phone inside that building is only possible when you stand in an open door, with your left foot up in the air.
As for antenna locations, I ended up with the roof antenna on the left rear corner and the inside antenna under the AC duct near the mid-ship bathroom sliding door. This will allow me to run the interior cable to a convenient cabinet using the duct as a cable run. I had a really hard time getting the antennas "too close" and causing the red light to come on, indication an oscillation had shut down the system. From my experience, the 11ft separation minimum is more than generous, and most everyone should be able to find satisfactory antenna locations.

Performance - With the RV inside the building and the phone inside the RV, my Motorola and the DWs LG phone both displayed searching for service, when the Max Amp was powered off.

With the Max Amp powered, on both phones could make and receive voice calls and the Motorola provided a 3G data signal. The LG phone could not get a data signal, but that doesn't surprise me, as the radio section of that phone doesn't impress me under good conditions. (When we both had LG phones, it was like not having phones at all, if you really wanted to make phone calls.)

I'm personally impressed. Things a getting a little quieter here, since we sold our sticks and bricks and much of our personal property this past weekend. We now have until settlement to get the motorhome ready to live in full time, which includes getting this system "installed". As you can guess, I need phone and internet in the RV when we are living and working there full time, and I'm sure the Max Amp booster will be something I can't be without on our travels.
Old 06-28-2016, 02:33 PM   #13

TVforMyRV,

I have one last question (at least for now)...

Can the indoor antenna be mounted in any direction/orientation or does it need to be mounted in a specific direction/orientation. (i.e., the cone always pointed up)?

Bill
vtwinwilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 02:56 PM   #14

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Overland Owners Club
The indoor antenna should be oriented pointing down from the ceiling. The antenna is designed to reduce radiation "behind" (above when mounted on a ceiling pointed down), which helps to reduce the separation required between the indoor and roof antennas. If you orient the indoor antenna differently, it would also reduce the effective coverage area for the boosted cell signal.

By the way, ask all the questions you want. Chances are someone else wants to know the same thing, but just won't ask....