Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc.
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-09-2017, 07:21 AM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
Mobley interfering with TPMS signal?

Ever since I got and started using a Mobley hotspot, my TPMS will randomly drop a tire sensor after about 30 minutes of driving. I have also found that by disconnecting the Mobley the signal will eventually return. This only started after I got the Mobley.
Has anyone else experienced this? I have also read where various electronic devices can cause this problem. In reading about the TPMS signal booster devices it seems to indicate that these devices will help eliminate this interference. Can anyone verify for me that these boosters work to eliminate the interference from the Mobley?

Thanks,
LarryJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-09-2017, 07:27 AM   #2

Which TPMS are you using? I also have a Mobley with a TPMS and I'm not having this problem.
specmga1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 07:40 AM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Have TireMinder TPMS, 2 boosters, and the Mobley. I haven't seen interference here. That said, we use to have one booster and would periodically drop a sensor, before having the Mobley, and they sent me another booster. Their Rhino version. The two work together and I haven't had any TPMS / Mobley issues.
les.warden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 08:34 AM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
Quote:
Originally Posted by specmga1 View Post
Which TPMS are you using? I also have a Mobley with a TPMS and I'm not having this problem.
I have the Bellacorp EK215T10. I have never seen this particular brand mentioned here, but on the outside and also the way it functions it seems to be identical to the EEZTire. I got it from Amazon and it is about $60 less than the EEZTire. The other thing that I might mention, is that I have the mobley positioned within about 14 inches of the TPMS receiving unit. I was thinking I might try moving the Mobley more toward the back of the coach to see if that helps. Really, my main question is whether these TPMS booster will work to reduce or eliminate interference with electronics?
Old 08-09-2017, 05:39 PM   #5

Just off the top of my head I can say the Mobley is on 700, 850, 1700, 2100mhz. It is also on 2.4 GHz. So there is a possibility that there is some interference. I would assume the TPMS is on 900mhz, but could be 2.4Ghz, maybe try changing the wifi channel and see if that helps.
drivintin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 10:02 PM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
I moved the mobley back in the coach so it was about 10 ft away from the tpms receiver instead of the 14 inches it had been. We drove about 3 hours today and it did not drop any signals. Maybe this was all I had to do. We will return home in a few days we will see how that trip goes.
Old 08-10-2017, 11:35 AM   #7
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
The Mobley has pretty good range. We have a 40' coach and I leave it plugged in near the rear of the coach, out of the way.

When I first got my TST unit, I would be driving along and suddenly have a tire drop out. I called TST and they told me things like indoor/outdoor thermometers could cause the issue. They said, just pull the batteries. I didn't want to do that and have to reset the thermometer (large multi window model). I did try it, but still had the issue.

When bought the TST unit, I was told I didn't need a repeater unless I wanted to run monitors on my toad. I finally ordered a repeater and eliminated the issue. Your coach is much shorter, but could be your issue, if the problem persists.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 12:11 PM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
We never had an issue until I got the mobley. It was positioned right next to the tpms receiver. I moved it back toward the middle of the coach and it has dropped a signal one since then. Maybe this has fixed it.
I talked to Bellacorp tech support and was told that they have about a 100 ft range so they mostly do not need a booster except for cases where the is some sort of signal interference like a wireless thermometer or other device that uses wireless technology. He wanted me to try moving the receiver back in the coach to see if that worked before I tried the booster. He also said that the one from eeztire would work with theirs.
Old 08-11-2017, 01:49 PM   #9

Another item that can affect TPMS, at least the EEZTire, is a GPS. They warn in their FAQs to keep a GPS at least 12 inches away.
fpresto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 06:00 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by fpresto View Post
Another item that can affect TPMS, at least the EEZTire, is a GPS. They warn in their FAQs to keep a GPS at least 12 inches away.

I went online to their FAQ's and could not find this warning. Could you please refer me to where exactly you read this.

Thanks!
specmga1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 10:30 AM   #11

No issues with ours. The Mobley is about 4 feet from the TPMS monitor. Chuck
chuckbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 11:54 AM   #12

Tiffin Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
Quote:
Originally Posted by fpresto View Post
We did not drop a sensor signal on our return trip and we were using a gps within about 3 ft of the tpms receiver. Plus, we have always had the gps in the same location, but it didn't start dropping signal until we started using the mobley. At this point I am ready to declare problem solved.
Old 08-13-2017, 05:20 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by specmga1 View Post
I went online to their FAQ's and could not find this warning. Could you please refer me to where exactly you read this.

Thanks!
You are correct it is not technically under the FAQ's. it is on their page titled EEZTIRE TPMS INFO. Scroll down towards the bottom and there is a section titled " Additional TPMS Information". Open that and you will find a section titled "Why do I have sensors drop off when driving" It discusses things like wireless thermometers and other electronics. It makes the following statement "
Do you have any other electronics on your dash (GPS)? If so are they approximately 12 inches apart?"
fpresto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 02:51 PM   #14

Mobley interfering with TPMS signal?

I had trouble with my EEZTIREs dropping out. I found that fresh batteries in the sensors fixed it.
I'm not sure how long they expected to last, but mine were not even a year old. (Multimeter verified they were discharged.)
I'll just add 'Check TPMS batts' to my pre-trip check list.
MarkyB is offline   Reply With Quote