Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc.
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-16-2017, 03:03 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Location: DW Driver -Winter Englewood FL, Summer Willingboro NJ
Mobley Mobley where are U

I have been trying to get a Mobley for some time now and it always seems out of stock. I call the special telco line and they said yes they were supposed to come in but haven't

Does any one know if they are avaialble some where??

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-16-2017, 03:07 PM   #2

Giant thread on the Mobley here:

$20 Unlimited Data with ZTE Mobley Device

Old 09-16-2017, 03:49 PM   #3

Great and informative thread but you can read all 90-something pages and you'll still come up with the same answer... nobody knows (including AT&T CS, or maybe even especially AT&T CS) when more Mobley's will be available. They've been out of stock for a while now so hopefully they will be available again within a few weeks, but all you can do is keep checking. No reports of anything else you read will be accurate, the only time we'll really know anything is when they show up again on the ordering page.
Old 09-16-2017, 04:12 PM   #4

When I looked online they were out of stock. I went to an ATT store and within 10 minutes I had signed up for one, which showed up a day or two later at my house. I think the stores can back order, whereas online you can’t back order.
Old 09-17-2017, 08:18 AM   #5
paz

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilgert View Post
When I looked online they were out of stock. I went to an ATT store and within 10 minutes I had signed up for one, which showed up a day or two later at my house. I think the stores can back order, whereas online you can’t back order.
The only problem with going to a store is most of the agents don't know what the Mobley is or what the Connected Car Plan is. You have to find someone who is willing to take the time to look. It helps to go at an off-peak time when the store isn't crowded.

Like you, I got lucky in finding such a person and it wasn't even at a company store - it was an authorized retailer. She had me signed up in about 10 minutes. I got an email confirmation of the order by the time I got out to the car, and another one late that afternoon with a tracking number saying the Mobley had shipped.
Check out our blog: Living Our Dream
paz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 08:53 AM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by hilgert View Post
When I purchased mine it was just the opposite. The AT&T store close to me said they would no longer be carrying them. I came home called the Mobile Connect desk and had one delivered to me in 2 days activated. I think it's a matter of who you talk to and when.

I paid $99. for mine from AT&T, I have seen a few on Ebay. Personally I would have paid double for one. I am sitting in MI streaming Hurricane Irma damage and recovery at home live on Ft Myers FL TV.
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 11:33 AM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
mobley mobley where are U

My buddy had good luck ordering one several months ago at a corporate owned AT&T store, so we went there yesterday and waited for the sales rep that helped him. We were told they are not in stock, they are not available for back-order and they had no clue when they would be available. Like everyone else, I will have to keep checking the AT&T website.

My wife does all the driving - I just hold the wheel...
Gadget Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 12:58 PM   #8

I got mine at ABC Warehouse. You might give them a try.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left
powderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 08:05 PM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I went to Best Buy and got mine. They did not know anything about the unit so I got them to look at THEIR website. They had to order but came in about 4 days later. Called Car Connect and they sent a Sims card, authorized and has worked every day since.
Old 09-17-2017, 08:50 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by stang37 View Post
I went to Best Buy and got mine.
When was this?
Old 09-17-2017, 09:11 PM   #11

There is a group within AT&T that works on "connected car" with all the car companies. They are who you want to talk to. Use the 800.331.0500. Or call 611 from an AT&T cell phone. Keep asking for a "representative" if you get the robot answering message. Ask for the connected car group in Texas (where they are located...) when you get a real person on the line. Mention Texas for the clueless representative so they have a hint where to look. They know the Mobley deal and can set you up. You can still get it for free with the two year contract for $20/month unlimited data I believe. A contact of mine got one within the last three weeks and it was still free. They have the deal for On-Star but really do not care if you have OnStar or not.
Old 09-18-2017, 12:04 PM   #12

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jestal View Post
There is a group within AT&T that works on "connected car" with all the car companies. They are who you want to talk to.....
Unfortunately this was another dead end. I followed your instructions. The rep I ultimately spoke to confirmed that she was with the Connected Car Group in Texas. She said her group provides customer care only, they do not sell products. She referred me to Best Buy, who doesn’t have any. She also told me to go to the manufacturer’s website; ztemobleyusa.com, which I did. When I hit the “Buy Now” button, it re-routed me back to the AT&T website, which of course states “out of stock.”

My wife does all the driving - I just hold the wheel...
Gadget Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 12:48 PM   #13

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Catch 22 in all its glory! Glad I got mine (ABC Warehouse) when they were still somewhat available.
2013 Newmar Canyon Star 3911, 2005 Dodge Grand Caravan - Braun Accessibility Modified Toad, Remco Lube Pump, 5 Star Tune, Progressive Industries EMS-HW50C, Coach Net Emergency Road Service, FMCA 378968
Jim T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 04:05 PM   #14
cwk

I got mine a few months ago from abcwarehouse.com for $99 plus shipping. I then contacted the Connected Car number to start the connection process. Since I was a new ATT customer (I am guessing that is why), I had to go to a corporate store to finish the transaction. I don't think anyone at the store had seen one, but we eventually got it set up. Monthly bill is $22.01 with tax.

Go to their abcwarehouse website; type "mobley" in the search. If they have them in stock, they will be there. If they are out of stock, the search results will say that nothing was found. My suggestion, like others have said, is to keep trying periodically at abcwarehouse and ATT online. When they do show up, they seem to sell out in hours, or is it minutes?

cwk is online now   Reply With Quote