Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc.
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-24-2017, 06:43 PM   #1

Forest River Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Mobley What's it take to get it?

When i go to the AT&T site and look for the AT&T ZTE Mobley , I find planes that start cheap at $20 a mouth. Only they limit the data to 22 gigs. How do I get the unlimited from them? I know others say they have done so.
So what's it take ?

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Jim
ScopesNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-24-2017, 06:49 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jturner9 View Post
When i go to the AT&T site and look for the AT&T ZTE Mobley , I find planes that start cheap at $20 a mouth. Only they limit the data to 22 gigs. How do I get the unlimited from them? I know others say they have done so.
So what's it take ?

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Jim
It's unlimited, but they say they may slow the speeds once you use more than 22GB. Users have said they've used far more than 22GB without ever having their speed slowed.
tnedator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 06:51 PM   #3

They could just cut back speed at that point.......in the technology section of forum is a thread all about the Mobley
Bob_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 05:08 AM   #4

Forest River Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnedator View Post
It's unlimited, but they say they may slow the speeds once you use more than 22GB. Users have said they've used far more than 22GB without ever having their speed slowed.
Thanks for the information and thank you Bob for the tip on where to find more information .
Old 07-25-2017, 05:18 AM   #5
paz

If you're serious about getting a Mobley and the $20 a month unlimited Connected Car plan, don't waste any time doing so. July 17 was originally supposed to be the last day of the special $20 pricing (it was previously $40 a month and was not available as a stand-alone plan - it had to be added to an existing AT&T plan). The offer is still going on, but it could end without warning.
paz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 09:55 AM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
To answer your original question ...

#1 Click this link:
ATT Connected Car

#2 Select your tow car or any newer car you like so it says you are qualified.

#3 Go thru the screens , if the Mobley is out of stock you will have to keep coming back until it is in stock and then you can complete sign-up and get the modem and service.

You will make a choice of making a 2 year contract with early termination penalty in return for getting the $ 99 modem free or paying $ 99 for the modem up front and having no contract and no penalty for dropping the service. They are waiving the activation fee for online orders.

You will pay with a credit or debit card. You can set up auto-pay for your monthly bill if you like.

You will get the modem in a package pre-activated ready to use.

Once you get an order in you can order a AC or DC power cable for it, so you don't have to always plug it into an OBD2 port to get power. I got a DC power cable with a USB plug on the end from Amazon.com for $ 20.

Good luck.
powercat_ras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 11:25 AM   #7

Ford Super Duty Owner
I visited a local ATT company store and ordered mine there..

I signed up for the free Mobley, I have a 2 year contract. I was charged $49 for activation, but I was told to bring my bill in when it arrives and they'll credit my account for the $49.

The store ordered the unit on Monday, and it arrived at my house on Thursday.

I was told its 22 gig, and it may or may not be throttled after that, it depends on the bandwidth availability on the towers / systems I'm current using. The saleman said he wasn't aware of anyone being throttled in our current market (NW Ohio)
Waiter21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 11:52 AM   #8

Cool Beware AT&T Billing!

Purchased the Mobley from ABC Whse and tried to activate it on 6/16/17.
Got nowhere on the phone (isn't it great that the largest phone co in the world cant handle their own business via landline?), Told to go to the closest AT&T office (27 mi). Rep there got it activated, installed new SIM card, and got me signed up on the $20 unlimited data acct. Told me that activation fee would be waived because I had paid cash for the unit, and didn't use the 24 month contract. Promptly took it with us on vacation. Got home on 7/13, and had the first 2 months bill, due on 7/18. Sent in the authorization for automatic pay, which we have been using on our internet acct for years. Just got a nasty letter demanding payment on the overdue Mobley acct. called them and they said it takes 4 - 6 weeks for the automatic pay to kick in, and there was no notation on the acct that activation fee would be waived. So now had to pay a late fee, and 3 months fees. Watch these guys, their accounting system aint the best!
TheOldMan76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 12:04 PM   #9

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOldMan76 View Post
Purchased the Mobley from ABC Whse and tried to activate it on 6/16/17.
Got nowhere on the phone (isn't it great that the largest phone co in the world cant handle their own business via landline?), Told to go to the closest AT&T office (27 mi). Rep there got it activated, installed new SIM card, and got me signed up on the $20 unlimited data acct. Told me that activation fee would be waived because I had paid cash for the unit, and didn't use the 24 month contract. Promptly took it with us on vacation. Got home on 7/13, and had the first 2 months bill, due on 7/18. Sent in the authorization for automatic pay, which we have been using on our internet acct for years. Just got a nasty letter demanding payment on the overdue Mobley acct. called them and they said it takes 4 - 6 weeks for the automatic pay to kick in, and there was no notation on the acct that activation fee would be waived. So now had to pay a late fee, and 3 months fees. Watch these guys, their accounting system aint the best!
Keep asking them to waive the activation fee and credit you for any late charges.
John Hilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 02:27 PM   #10

Forest River Owners Club
Carolina Campers
At least I know what it can take to get it.

I may or may not be in for a fight getting what I want. I better hurry up before the deal is gone. May or may not be best to go in the store and order it.

Thank you all very much.

Will be going to get one in the morning.

Jim
Old 07-25-2017, 03:35 PM   #11

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
You gotta know a guy...

There is a thread on here with over 70 pages of posts with every problem you can imagine. It includes about 4 posts of mine with problems I encountered. Even after getting mine finally, I got my first bill and they charged me an activation fee--something their web offer said was $0. Spent about 40 minutes on the phone getting it removed. Best of luck...
Tetonchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 04:32 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by powercat_ras View Post
To answer your original question ...

#1 Click this link:
ATT Connected Car

#2 Select your tow car or any newer car you like so it says you are qualified.

#3 Go thru the screens , if the Mobley is out of stock you will have to keep coming back until it is in stock and then you can complete sign-up and get the modem and service.

You will make a choice of making a 2 year contract with early termination penalty in return for getting the $ 99 modem free or paying $ 99 for the modem up front and having no contract and no penalty for dropping the service. They are waiving the activation fee for online orders.

You will pay with a credit or debit card. You can set up auto-pay for your monthly bill if you like.

You will get the modem in a package pre-activated ready to use.

Once you get an order in you can order a AC or DC power cable for it, so you don't have to always plug it into an OBD2 port to get power. I got a DC power cable with a USB plug on the end from Amazon.com for $ 20.

Good luck.
I followed all the steps including loging in to my account and finally ended up at "Welcome to the new AT&T", with 3 boxes showing "Total Balance $0.00, My DSL Internet Account, and My Home Phone".
I clicked on New Device instead of Upgrade in a previous page.
No where was I asked about an order or for a credit card.
Did I goof someplace (which wouldn't surprise me) or is this because they are out of stock? If this is the case do I just close the window and come back at a later time?

This is as confusing a all the posts in the long long thread that began back in April.

Appreciate any more help as I just came from our local AT&T store, spent 45 minutes trying to get one ordered and was finally told to go to the car dealer wlhere I purchased my last vehicle and they would do all the paper work for me since I wanted the 2 yr contract plan.
wagonmaster2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 04:44 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagonmaster2 View Post
I followed all the steps including loging in to my account and finally ended up at "Welcome to the new AT&T", with 3 boxes showing "Total Balance $0.00, My DSL Internet Account, and My Home Phone".
I clicked on New Device instead of Upgrade in a previous page.
No where was I asked about an order or for a credit card.
Did I goof someplace (which wouldn't surprise me) or is this because they are out of stock? If this is the case do I just close the window and come back at a later time?

This is as confusing a all the posts in the long long thread that began back in April.

Appreciate any more help as I just came from our local AT&T store, spent 45 minutes trying to get one ordered and was finally told to go to the car dealer wlhere I purchased my last vehicle and they would do all the paper work for me since I wanted the 2 yr contract plan.
You might as well go to the North Pole. The car dealer doing the paper work ain't gonna happen. Why in the world would they send you to an auto dealer, other than they don't know what to do.
Rollin101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 04:58 PM   #14

The Mobley was a joint adventure between Chevrolet and ATT.......
Bob_C is offline   Reply With Quote