Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc.
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-26-2012, 07:09 PM   #1

Thor Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
MS Streets & Trips

Anybody know if or how you can have two different routes showing on the same map in MS S&T? It would be nice to be able to compare routes on the same map.

Thanks,
Stewart
IMDSailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-26-2012, 07:38 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
No, but you can have more than one copy of maps running at the same time and toggle between them. If the routes are not very different you can save one and then just elete stops and then update for a quick compare.
rgvtexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 09:32 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
In the case of having two copies of S&T running, has anyone found a way to copy one or more waypoints from one map/route and paste them in another map/route?
SVTotem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 09:50 PM   #4

I save different options for my trip to my desktop using different titles. I then can toggle betweens maps for the southern route, northern route, stops along the way, etc.
It certainly is not the best way, but it seems MS does not really offer a better option.
Personally I want a program that I can set for actual highway speed, I want evening stops to find the nearest town not just the middle of the highway, ... there are a great many changes I would love to see. But alas, it is what it is.
Happy Trails.
kalynzoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 08:43 AM   #5

You can route your trip is a round robin. That is once at the destination make it a stop. Then route back to the original start point using different way points and stops. Kind of a pain in the neck. But it does work and lets you see both routes on one map.
For anyone interested the Copilot Live lets you show alternate routes. Up to two alternates for a total of three.
jablair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 04:50 PM   #6
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Find you default map and make a copy of it. Plan your route and save it as your default map. When you start MS&T the default route will come up. Plan your other route and it should show both. (Me thinks - haven't played with MS&T for several months now). When finished, copy the original .est back to the default location.

Also for anyone using MS&T, do a search for POI MEGA FILE. It is by the Discovery Group. It is very interesting. With the Mega File you can open it, then plan a route and see what POI's are along the route.

Happy trails.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 11:15 AM   #7

Thor Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
While we're looking for things to add/change. is there a way to change the voice. I find it hard to believe that the stock one is the only one, as it's quite pathetic even for a computer voice.
Old 09-29-2012, 08:16 PM   #8
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Ha ha! You already have one female voice so you want to replace the computer one with a more understanding man's voice? Ha ha!
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 08:22 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTotem View Post
In the case of having two copies of S&T running, has anyone found a way to copy one or more waypoints from one map/route and paste them in another map/route?
This is simple. Just right click on the pushpin (waypoint) on one open map, click copy, switch to the other map and in a clear area right click paste.
Regards
kscaddo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 09:39 AM   #10

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Thanks kscaddo,

I would have thought the copy/paste would be done in the waypoint list in route planner window. You are saying to right click the pushpin icon in the map itself, and pasting in the body of the new map?
I will give it a try the next time I have the PC out.
SVTotem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 01:24 PM   #11

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMDSailor View Post
While we're looking for things to add/change. is there a way to change the voice. I find it hard to believe that the stock one is the only one, as it's quite pathetic even for a computer voice.

Well Sailor.. they figure it's like this.. We men (At least the married ones) are used to a female voice telling us what to do.

(Trouble is we are also used to ignoring it).
Old 09-30-2012, 02:10 PM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by wa8yxm

Well Sailor.. they figure it's like this.. We men (At least the married ones) are used to a female voice telling us what to do.

What?
JimM68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 04:56 PM   #13

Thor Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by wa8yxm View Post

LOL, at this point I don't care if the voice was male or female. Currently the sound that comes out favors female but it's hard to tell. It's very digital.
Am I missing a setting? I find it hard to believe that a program from Microsoft would have such a poor voice synthitization. I can't believe I typed that with a straight face, but you get the point, lol.