Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-05-2012, 10:39 PM   #1

Multiswitch question

Have a Channel Master 3X4. The middle input is UHF/VHF. Can I connect my CG cable lead and my digital antenna lead to an A/B switch and then take one piece of coax from the A/B switch and connect to the input (mentioned above) and it work? I'm assuming that I would then just program individual TVs as normal...
Thanks in advance
Jeff
La-Z-Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-06-2012, 07:18 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
I see no reason it won't work. Just be aware you need to make sure the antenna booster is off when using cable. If it's powered in front of the A/B switch, then it shouldn't matter.

Be aware when you start adding extra connections, switches, etc, you can lose signal strength. Since I rarely need to switch between cable and antenna, I just manually switch cables.
clyon51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 10:25 AM   #3

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
The answer may be no... I need more info (Like the model number on that switch so I can download the manual) however you can find out easier.

This is easiest ifyou have a bad length of coax, one where say the end has pulled off (All it takes on most pre-made coax cables is a hard sneeze to pop the end off, JUNK they are, alas, not many make 'em better)

Hook a volt meter (range proper for fifteen volt) to the VHF/UHF port, and select it, if you see battery voltage then your A/B switch needs to go to a different port.

What are the other ports? Is one of them DVD or VCR? You can use those.