Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc.
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-30-2011, 10:56 AM   #1

navigations with RV option

Was it Co-pilot Live that offered RV routing with their standard software (not trucking version)? I thought I had seen mention that one had a choice of automoble, pedistrian, or RV, however they are not listing that option in the new versions. I have a Garmin 1450 which gives fine routing for auto and walking, but it would be nice to compare routing for a trip with a software that was more specifically keyed to larger vehicles.
buck454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-30-2011, 12:16 PM   #2

Damon Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I use CoPilot on my Samsung Galaxy Tab. You can set it for RV and set the clearance height. You can also set it to avoid roads with propane restrictions. I like it because the maps are stored on the device and it still works without a wifi or 3g connection.
gr8grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 07:58 AM   #3

G,
I just purchased a Galaxy 10 and was thinking of putting the Co-Pilot in it especially if the RV feature was in the program. Did you purchase the standard Co-Pilot Live version? $9.99 I think. There is now a Premium version but I believe it is just a live traffic update type.
thanks for post. please let me know the version you have, sounds like a install I would like to make in my Galaxy.
Bill aka buck454
Old 08-31-2011, 02:39 PM   #4

Damon Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I bought the Co-Pilot Live Premium 9 when it was first released. I only paid $9.99 for it. The premium version is now $24.99. Live traffic is even an addon at $9.98 for 12 months. I am not sure what is missing in the standard version or if it stores the maps on the device. I have used previous versions of Co-Pilot for a couple years and like it better than other apps I have tried. I have google navigation and sprint navigation and prefer Co-Pilot.

You might want to check out the differences between standard and premium on the android market web side.

Frank aka gr8grumpy
Old 08-31-2011, 04:08 PM   #5

G,
Thanks. Even at the new price of $25, probably a good tool to have so one might compare routes of Google, Garmin, etc looking for possible problems that the bigger rig might encounter.

I can not seem to find out if the standard version, priced much lower, offers the RV setting.

b
Old 08-31-2011, 05:32 PM   #6

Damon Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Try looking at the following:

http://www.copilotlive.com/us/personal/android.asp

It gives a comparison of premium vs. standard.

The user guide under "My Route/Mode of Travel" doesn't seem to differentiate between standard and premium.