Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc.
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-12-2014, 09:12 AM   #15

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I'm real happy with Consumer Cellular. They use the AT&T system, we have 2 phones, data and text, 600 minutes total, no charge phone to phone on our plan, and never come close to going over. $47 a month total w/tax, if you are having an unusual month of usage you can call and bump the level for that month for a few dollars.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-12-2014, 09:19 AM   #16

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Check out Pageplus
Uses Verizon network
250 min 250 texts $12 per month
Many other plans
Old 05-12-2014, 10:55 AM   #17

Freightliner Owners Club
We have ATT with voice, data and a text plan for one of them Wouldn't be without two phones as I could never find my wife at a shopping center or Walmart. We don't text much, but our children love to text and this gives us a method of communication when they are busy with work, kids, etc.

We use my smart phone as a mobile hot spot which I wouldn't be without as you can't always get a decent wifi connection. We use my wife's iPhone when away from the computer to get info we need.

My phone has a 5G limit on data but my wife's phone has unlimited data. We get carryover minutes on voice and for all practical purposes we have unlimited minutes. All of this works well for us and costs about 155/month.

Nick
traveler of california is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 05:45 PM   #18

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Depends on what you want. If not much usage, but just for local and long distance calls, Trac phone is very good. The minutes accumulate from month to month.
Required, so we have to purchase 60 minutes every 3 months. I have over 400 minutes accumulated on my phone. Never had a problem. They use the Sprint and Verizon network. So any place Sprint and Verizon works, Trac phone will work.
TXredfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 06:33 PM   #19

Another vote for Straight Talk. We have not had any issues and it cut our phone over half. I am also using the Straight Talk Hotspot. When we go fulltime I will switch to Mellicom.
reubenray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 09:19 PM   #20

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by wa8yxm View Post

I am fairly happy with my T-mobile plan but it is 100/month. (Unlimited everything, though only 6.5 Gig of high speed data, then it slows down, which is way better than Verizon, which socks it to you with overage charges).

What plan do you have?

I'm asking because we have the simple choice plan for 80$/month and it includes unlimited talk, text and 4G LTE data... No slowing down after X gb...
JoyalRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 12:33 AM   #21

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacks647 View Post
Getting close to retirement and need to find a cheaper cell phone service that will work well all over the US. We need unlimited local and long distance service. Any suggestions? and how much?
You don't mention anything basic phone service and don't say what you're paying now. If all you are looking for is phone (with no text or data), then it really gets simple. Your parameters are really basic. Is that all you need?
kjburns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 04:17 AM   #22

We use Virgin in the States. I also use Virgin in Canada.
In the States we use the $35/mnt plan for 300 min. And unlimited text and web. and use Skype for outgoing calls all over the world for $5/ mnt.
In Canada my cost for Virgin is 4 times with very limited web..
I hate to think web here it's a very expensive proposition.
All I know for 35 plus taxes each phones it does all our data needs at 4G for 1st 3G of data and 3G for the balance that I usually get at the 25th day. Speed is better them most CG.
Oh no contract and can drop service any time.
We have 4 phones 2 for Canada and 2 US and buy them at 1/2 price on sale.
The Virgin Simm Cards are not compatible.
Old 05-13-2014, 02:06 PM   #23

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Another plug for PagePlus. They use Verizon's network so coverage is excellent. We signed up thru a PP authorized dealer and have been very happy.
Kitty Wireless PagePlus Page Plus Cellular Online Premier Dealer
Nick-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 02:15 PM   #24

+1 for Straighttalk (verizon)

Tags
fulltime, service, verizon