Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc.
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-25-2016, 06:55 AM   #15
Community Moderator

New TPMS on market - anybody order it yet ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightstorm View Post
It's actually $450 for 10 sensors.
Wow....you're right, that is pricy.
pasdad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-25-2016, 07:43 AM   #16

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by bydnar View Post
Do not forget to factor into the already high cost, the additional for sending the sensors in for rebuild and batteries every 2 years. They are not quoting that cost, but just using a round figure like $20 each, that gets the costs up there.

My TPMS "tire minder" has a battery replacement with a $5 ship cost. Along with the batteries i got new O rings and a few caps that i requested all for that $5 ship cost. If i had to send in my 10 transmitters for battery replacement at $20 each that would be a deal breaker. My batteries get changed every year if not sooner.

I do have the rvi brake system and love it. We have 2 vehicles that we use for toads and couldn't be simplier to use either.

They have awesome customer service. Once my rvi brake had a malfunction, a call to them to see if there was an easy fix which there wasn't and they overnighted me a new unit while we were camped in the Fl. keys. On our return i shipped (pre paid) the defective rvi brake back.

The ability to read BEFORE flight is very useful if not mandatory.
bruce91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2016, 08:11 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by pasdad1 View Post
Wow....you're right, that is pricy.
If the Command Center is not already in your possession, it is required.

$665 for Command Center and 10 sensors
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	rvi.png
Views:	138
Size:	180.6 KB
ID:	147408  
Old 12-28-2016, 11:19 PM   #18

Newmar Owners Club
I'd rather go with the EEZ that is NOW $499 with 12 sensors.
Comes out of the same factory as the TST.
StuartS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 12:00 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightstorm View Post
It's actually $450 for 10 sensors.
You are right, I missed that. $1645 for the brake and 10 sensors. Seems like a lot, especially considering other options.
Seems these are on backorder. Maybe supply problems with the new to market items. I'll wait until they get that straightened out and tested. Personally I wish there was an option to run it from an adroid phone app.
Old 01-22-2017, 12:12 PM   #20

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by vsheetz View Post
Not reading during preflight would be a deal killer for me. This is one of the best features of a tpms.
My SmarTire system only transmitted when underway. Had new internal sensors installed and now they transmit all the time. Supposedly SmarTire found that there wasn't much difference in battery life between them.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 08:07 PM   #21

Is there anything out there that will read OEM sensors in a toad? I also am shopping for a system for the Motor Home and toad.
short kid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 02:42 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
My SmarTire system only transmitted when underway. Had new internal sensors installed and now they transmit all the time. Supposedly SmarTire found that there wasn't much difference in battery life between them.
I think that is much smarter to see and correct without having to manually check every tire as part of 'preflight'.

How is this possible? I drove mine 9000 miles in the last 12 months. At average 50 mph that's 180 hours. 8760 hours in a year. That's 2% of the time. Meaning they would be on 98% doing nothing.
Old 01-23-2017, 04:46 PM   #23

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by pasdad1 View Post
What I don't like is they say the tire sensors won't transmit unless the tires are rolling.....yes, it extends battery life...but then you don't get readings before you get ready to drive.

Also they say the batteries are NOT user replaceable....have to send them in to have batteries replaced.
Agree on both points.
Sky_Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 03:55 PM   #24

What I've learned recently. I met with some nice folks while at the Quartzsite RV show.
1. The wheel sensors will go to sleep if not rotating for 15 minutes. Sleep mode means pressures are transmitted every 30 minutes rather than the operational transmission rate. So, as a pre-movement check, the worst case is that the pressure reading is within 30 minutes. Therefore, energizing the command center early in the pre-move process should allow enough time to gather pressures in the morning.
2. I've been told (I wish I got in writing) that the battery replacement program is said to be $10 per sensor. So, a bit more than the cost of just a battery.
3. More delays in availability. Website says February, but I do not have a warm and fuzzy that the Tire Patrol will make it by then. New product.

I am so excited for this product. I'm anxious to get it installed. I think it will be a great addition to the TPMS options.

2016 Newmar Bay Star Sport 2705
CHF+, Rear Trac Bar, RSSA, Blue Ox & Equinox, RVI2
Old 02-04-2017, 02:07 PM   #25

Looks interesting, don't really like the idea of a special tablet, I already have an iPad mount running nav, engine monitoring etc. I also already have Wifi setup for cellular internet access.

I am pretty close to getting tire minders new bluetooth app based monitor so it can run on my iPad along with everything else: TireMinder Smart TPMS - Smartphone Based Tire Pressure Monitor for RVs - Minder Research
Old 02-12-2018, 06:08 PM   #26

Bought the RVI 3 brake last summer. I like the brake. One of the reasons was the Tire patrol add on. The tire monitors were on back order at that time. Several months was notified they were available Bought Tire patrol just before Christmas 2017. Can not get it to work. $450 for the 10 monitors but it will not hook up the the RVI 3 brake tablet. Tablet says tire monitors coming soon. When the monitors arrived there was no software available for the tablet. Got an email that the updated software had been put up a couple of weeks later. Still can not get the software to download on the tablet. My work schedule and their short work hours make it tough to reach their support. It would be nice If RVI had a working product before they advertise or put it on the market. Has anyone else found a hack to get the software to update on the RVI tablet.
Ljudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 07:14 PM   #27

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I’ve had the TPMS sensors hooked up since last summer. They had some sensor issues which should be fixed and they replaced mine with updated sensors last fall. You should already have the updated sensors.

If the software update does not work their android browser should have a link to the web site for a fresh download. You will need to connect to a wireless network to get the download.

Former owner of a Morgan powered Bennington
knightstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 09:07 AM   #28

I went with the TST system. It works perfectly right out of the box. I'm not excited about adding another feature to my phone, so am perfectly happy with the separate color display that comes with the systems now (they also have a grayscale display). Sensors start transmitting as soon as I turn on the display, before I leave the campground. $629 for 10 sensors and color display.
rvpeg is offline   Reply With Quote