Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-10-2015, 06:21 AM   #1

Forest River Owners Club
New Trav'ler won't stow

We installed a new Winegard Trav'ler SKSWM3 Slimline dish on the RV yesterday and I think we messed up it's stow calibration or something. I'm hoping someone on here knows a fix that I can try today soI don't have to call tech support tomorrow.

Our main goal was to get the dish mounted and everything sealed up on the roof with time for the sealant to setup before the rain came, so we weren't too concerned with anything inside the coach for now. What we did (probably incorrectly) was once the baseplate was screwed to the roof of the coach, we turned the control box on to lift the arm up and once it was pointed almost straight up we unplugged the box. We then finished sealing everything up and mounted the dish to the arm.

With everything finished up top side, we plugged the controller back in and had the dish search for a signal, which it did correctly. How fun was that to watch for the first time BTW?

Problem came when we turned the controller back off...the Trav'ler spins around and goes back to the spot where we unplugged the box pointing straight up instead of stowing back down on the roof like it is supposed to. We get a couple of different errors "EL Home Stow" is one and another I can't remember at the moment.

I'm sure there is probably a way to reset the "stow" position of the Dish...or some way to factory reset it...anyone know any tricks I can use?

Today I get to tackle the inside wiring...trying to make sense of the previous DTV install cables plus factory AV cables to get everything to play nice together. Wish me luck...

Thanks,
Lance
LSVLance is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-10-2015, 06:40 AM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Grab this doc: http://www.winegard.com/wp-content/u...s%20Module.pdf

Enter the User Menu - 2 sec power button, then 2 sec enter button.

Go to Installation Mode, then Calibrate EL.
Old 05-10-2015, 08:17 AM   #3

Forest River Owners Club
Thank you sir, will go try that now.
Old 05-10-2015, 08:28 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSVLance View Post
Thank you sir, will go try that now.
Did it work?

Bruce
nomad297 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 08:29 AM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomad297 View Post
Did it work?

Bruce
It's only been 11 minutes since he posted he was going to try it.
Old 05-10-2015, 08:31 AM   #6

Forest River Owners Club
The interface box now shows "EL Motor Home Failure" and I can't seem to get past this error to get to any menus.
Old 05-10-2015, 08:32 AM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
You're beyond my expertise now. I guess calling Winegard support tomorrow would be your best bet.
Old 05-10-2015, 08:33 AM   #8

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingDiver View Post
It's only been 11 minutes since he posted he was going to try it.
I didn't realize I was on the clock here... lol...

Old 05-10-2015, 08:35 AM   #9

Forest River Owners Club
I do not have the SWM power inserter or any of the inside cables hooked up to anything yet, is it necessary to have all of that connected before proper operation of the dish itself?
Old 05-10-2015, 08:38 AM   #10

Forest River Owners Club
I'm going to run to the store to get some cable ends... I'll check back in when I get back.

Thanks in advance if anyone comes up with a way to get past the EL Motor Home failure status...
Old 05-10-2015, 11:24 AM   #11

You might try stowing manually, then re-trying elevation cal.
Old 05-10-2015, 11:30 AM   #12

Forest River Owners Club
I got into the user manual>installation>lower antenna>stow and it would not stow. It went to where the arm was straight up instead. I found where that is what is called "hard Stop". I then went to "calibrate EL" it asked if on the Hard Stop>answered yes then hit calibrate and it calibrated the EL.

I then powered it off and it stowed!!!!

I just now powered it back up and now have *s on 101, 99 and 103

Yeah!!

Now I just have to figure out how to get the signal from the receiver to the TVs...through this mess of wires around the distribution box.

Thanks everyone...
Old 05-10-2015, 11:31 AM   #13

Once when this happened to me, the small controll cable connection inside the baseplate came loose. It is now tie-wrapped.
Old 05-10-2015, 12:21 PM   #14

You can manually stow the antenna with a 1/4 inch ratchet a long extension and I believe the manual calls out a 1\4 inch socket. Remove the plug, insert the socket and screw it down. It really sounds to me like when installing the dish you bumped something. When you power the antenna up it should go through the whole locating procedure all by its self. Once locked on I have always powered mine down by killing power to the control box for a few seconds. When I power it back on it will reaquire the sats, then I canndo a normal power down.

Tags
tow