Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc.
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-01-2012, 09:26 PM   #99

Like cheifneon, I have the Copilot Live app on my Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1. Does not require a separate GPS as on in built in and seems to work fine. Yours may be turned off, might need to check and make sure it is turned on although 'on' is the default.
jablair is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-03-2013, 02:35 PM   #100

Winnebago Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Major issue with support. I attempted V9 several months ago and rolled back to V8 the next day with their help. I recently purchase new laptop, deactivated on old laptop and installed on new laptop but wouldn't work. Contacted support back and forth...they won't provide a 64 bit V8 for me, state because I upgraded to V9??? they can't roll back even though I was using it yesterday. I can however spend another $90 to buy V8!!! When you only pay $8.95 for android....I hope they come to their senses and provide me with V8, can't imagine their reasoning.. very poor support. I'll keep you posted on the outcome. This is the only software my wife can use and the V9 was extremely confusing.
Old 01-04-2013, 12:20 PM   #101

Triple E Owners Club
I Under Stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeeman View Post
Major issue with support. I attempted V9 several months ago and rolled back to V8 the next day with their help. I recently purchase new laptop, deactivated on old laptop and installed on new laptop but wouldn't work. Contacted support back and forth...they won't provide a 64 bit V8 for me, state because I upgraded to V9??? they can't roll back even though I was using it yesterday. I can however spend another $90 to buy V8!!! When you only pay $8.95 for android....I hope they come to their senses and provide me with V8, can't imagine their reasoning.. very poor support. I'll keep you posted on the outcome. This is the only software my wife can use and the V9 was extremely confusing.
I also had trouble learning V-9 but now that I have used it I kind of like it. The problem is if you are in a hurry. If I needed to use it right away I would have tossed it out the window. One thing that I don't like is that ALK is trying to make it more for the Smart Phones then for the Laptop and I hate Smart Phones.
Another problem you might be having is that ALK has just, 1-3-2013, been bought out by a company called Trimble (NASDAQ: TRMB). I can't help but wonder what kinds of problems this will cause, if any.
OneRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 12:36 PM   #102

Winnebago Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneRVer View Post
I also had trouble learning V-9 but now that I have used it I kind of like it. The problem is if you are in a hurry. If I needed to use it right away I would have tossed it out the window. One thing that I don't like is that ALK is trying to make it more for the Smart Phones then for the Laptop and I hate Smart Phones.
Another problem you might be having is that ALK has just, 1-3-2013, been bought out by a company called Trimble (NASDAQ: TRMB). I can't help but wonder what kinds of problems this will cause, if any.
Done with them....this morning informed me they couldn't assist me. When I asked if I bought another Co Pilot Live 8 they then could assist me. I called helpline and rec'd another phone number. That number was automated and referred me back to the support site. Too bad V8 is good program but obviously after the sale service is the worst I have ever encountered. My wives eyes crossed when I showed her V9 as did mine. You have to figure out where files are stored. They obviously are phasing out this product however continue to sell it.
Old 01-07-2013, 10:00 AM   #103

Monaco Owners Club
If Trimble bought them out it should be a step in the right direction. I have delt with Trimble for 20 years and they know what they are about. They have been into GPS from day one and navigation back a lot further.

LEN
Old 01-07-2013, 10:16 AM   #104

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocJim View Post
Who has tried CoPilot and what are your thoughts. We are looking for a GPS for our DP. We use a Garmin in out truck.

Thanks

Jim
Since I put CoPilot on my iphone, I have completely stopped using either my Garmin or my TomTom. I am quite pleased with it.

For a small extra annual fee, I have added the fuel price module. I am convinced that it has saved more than enough to have payed for the whole app.

Joel
J Birder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:27 AM   #105

Winnebago Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Birder View Post
Since I put CoPilot on my iphone, I have completely stopped using either my Garmin or my TomTom. I am quite pleased with it.

For a small extra annual fee, I have added the fuel price module. I am convinced that it has saved more than enough to have payed for the whole app.

Joel
I agree the Co Pilot Live 8 is great product, my problem lies with the lack of consideration. I'd gladly pay $8.95 but not another $99 for something I purchased already. It appears lack of competition in the laptop side allows them to dictate terms however I'm sure the cell side is much more competitive.

Tags
gps, travel, travel planning