Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-23-2016, 02:22 PM   #1

Newbie with Satellite

My wife and I are picking up our 2016 Dutch Star 4018 on February 22. We ordered it with a Winegard auto open face for Dish HD TV. I believe Newmar's model number is SK 300 but I don't see that model on Winegard web site. I don't believe that it comes with a receiver, am I correct on that ? I have four TVs on board. Will one receiver run all TVs ? We have a TIVO at our home so we like the idea of a DVR in the RV. We watch the main stations ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX and cable news FOX and CNN and weather, not into Netflix or other paid services. We also usually both watch the same thing so we don't need to have one tv on one station and the other tv on a another station. As we cross the county is it easy to change local stations with Dish network? If we are at a campground that offers basic cable ( local stations but not cable news stations ) can i easily go between the campgrounds wired cable and my satellite dish? Which receiver do people recommend the 722k or 211z? Any and all comments, suggestions are truly appreciated.
Kevin and Joanne
2016 Dutch Star 4018
96kpmjmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-23-2016, 03:43 PM   #2

My wife and I are picking up our 2016 Dutch Star 4018 on February 22. We ordered it with a Winegard auto open face for Dish HD TV. I believe Newmar's model number is SK 300 but I don't see that model on Winegard web site. I don't believe that it comes with a receiver, am I correct on that ? Correct no receiver I have four TVs on board. Will one receiver run all TVs ? Not knowing how the coach is set up but all should be able to be fed by one receiver We have a TIVO at our home so we like the idea of a DVR in the RV. We watch the main stations ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX and cable news FOX and CNN and weather, not into Netflix or other paid services. We also usually both watch the same thing so we don't need to have one tv on one station and the other tv on a another station. As we cross the county is it easy to change local stations with Dish network? Yes, be sure to set up your account as a RV Mobile account, then go to MYDISH.com and use the online support chat feature to change your SERVICE ADDRESS to your present location, once done your receiver will automatically update to the locals in your area. If we are at a campground that offers basic cable ( local stations but not cable news stations ) can i easily go between the campgrounds wired cable and my satellite dish? Yes, all new coaches have an external SAT Antenna and Cable connection in one of the bays. Just connect to the Cable connection and change the TV inputs to cable. Then run a scan for the channels on the cable. Which receiver do people recommend the 722k or 211z? Go to the top of the main Technology Forum page and read the sticky post "DISH TV RV Network Diagrams" about half way down is a diagram for 4 TV installations. Any and all comments, suggestions are truly appreciated.
Kevin and Joanne
2016 Dutch Star 4018
Old 01-23-2016, 08:38 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96kpmjmm View Post
We ordered it with a Winegard auto open face for Dish HD TV. I believe Newmar's model number is SK 300 but I don't see that model on Winegard web site.
If it's an SK1000, you're good to go. Is it an automatic rooftop dish?

Quote:
I don't believe that it comes with a receiver, am I correct on that ? I have four TVs on board. Will one receiver run all TVs ?
Sure, get a Hopper with 3 Joeys.

Quote:
As we cross the county is it easy to change local stations with Dish network?
Yes. You just contact DISH and ask them to change your Service Address.

Quote:
If we are at a campground that offers basic cable ( local stations but not cable news stations ) can i easily go between the campgrounds wired cable and my satellite dish?
Should be easy, but depends how your RV is wired. You should ask Newmar.
TechWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2016, 07:51 PM   #4

Thank you both for responding

Quote:
We ordered it with a Winegard auto open face for Dish HD TV. I believe Newmar's model number is SK 300 but I don't see that model on Winegard web site.

If it's an SK1000, you're good to go. Is it an automatic rooftop dish?

Yes it is automatic rooftop antenna.
Kevin and Joanne
2016 Dutch Star 4018
Old 01-25-2016, 05:56 PM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
The Dutch Star is wired for a separate receiver for the bedroom TV. There is a coax from the satellite dish in the bedroom equipment cabinet and and an HDMI jack to connect the receiver to the TV. The front and outside TVs connect to the living room receiver.
The campground cable connection is standard but an external connection for a ground dish is optional.

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum

2015 DSDP 4369 with HWH Active Air, 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee, Roadmaster tow bar, SMI AirForce One, Silverleaf VMSPc
andyh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 07:13 PM   #6

Thank you Andy H

Tags
newbie, satellite