Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-16-2018, 11:15 AM   #1

No audio

I replaced my old TV with a New Samsung Smart Flat screen last year and the tv works fine but I must have gotten the wires mixed up as I have no surround sound. TV speaker works but none of the other speakers. I have tried witching the wires around but no go?

Also I have never been able to get cable tv when I hook up in RV parks?

Could anyone recommend a shop in the NW suburbs of Chicago to Help Me?
hoggem is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-16-2018, 11:22 AM   #2
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
In our coach the surround sound is provided by a receiver, not directly from the TV. The TV and BluRay player connect to the receiver.

Do you have an HDMI cable from the TV to a receiver? That carries the sound and video in HD.
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 01:22 PM   #3

ref cable tv...pls describe the steps you currently use to get cable.
Old 07-16-2018, 04:05 PM   #4

rk, thanks for the response, But I have never been able to receive cable. I hook up at the camp grounds from the cable jack inside a storage compartment but? like I said it has never worked.

I think the next step ill try is buy a long cable and tap into my home cable system then run that directly to my new TV?
Old 07-16-2018, 04:21 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoggem View Post
I replaced my old TV with a New Samsung Smart Flat screen last year and the tv works fine but I must have gotten the wires mixed up as I have no surround sound. TV speaker works but none of the other speakers. I have tried witching the wires around but no go?

Also I have never been able to get cable tv when I hook up in RV parks?

Could anyone recommend a shop in the NW suburbs of Chicago to Help Me?
MSHappy

No HDMI to receiver, this is an 2004 Gulfstream and the Sony receiver/VHS/DVD was probably already dated when installed?

I would like to replace/update the receiver-DVD with a smaller, simple system hopefully leaving the existing Sony speakers in place.

Any recommendations would be appreciated.
Old 07-16-2018, 04:25 PM   #6

Two common problems. If you have a Winegard OTA ANTENNA,there will be switch like plate with a push button and indicator light. Push the button to turn off the amplifier to the antenna to view cable. Then go to you tv setup menu and select cable instead of antenna as the source, actual wording may vary by TV.
coachmanjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 05:49 PM   #7

Quote:
rk, thanks for the response, But I have never been able to receive cable. I hook up at the camp grounds from the cable jack inside a storage compartment but? like I said it has never worked.

I think the next step ill try is buy a long cable and tap into my home cable system then run that directly to my new TV?
- hook up a length of RG-6 or RG-59 cable to the cable hookup.

- be sure your over-the-air TV booster is off

- if you have a switch to select inputs be sure that cable is selected.

OR

- on your TV change the INPUT from antenna to CABLE.

- scan for channels

good luck.
rk911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 10:30 AM   #8
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
MSHappy

No HDMI to receiver, this is an 2004 Gulfstream and the Sony receiver/VHS/DVD was probably already dated when installed?

I would like to replace/update the receiver-DVD with a smaller, simple system hopefully leaving the existing Sony speakers in place.

Any recommendations would be appreciated.

I had the same problem when we bought the MH. Here is what I did.

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f59/one-t...er-173292.html
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
audio