Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc.
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-12-2013, 10:17 PM   #1

No audio on some TVs but fine on others

Brand new Georgetown motorhome. Big TVs in BR and LR both tuned in nearly 100 cable channels, but some of them have no audio. We have TVs in the bunks and the audio comes through fine on those channels.

Maybe someone with more tech expertisen than me might offer an explanation?

Thx!
1943D18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-13-2013, 05:25 AM   #2
paz

You may need to go into your setup menu of the BR and LR TVs and select cable instead of antenna. The TVs in the bunks are obviously different, and may not require that change.
paz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 05:32 AM   #3

Check audio settings and make speakers are turned on. Some can be turned off. Try different audio settings.

Update: just reread post. Thought some TVs had no volume. I see now that some channels on same TV have no volume. Sorry, but that is above my pay grade. Ha. Good luck. Maybe a call to manufacturer of TV or web search for solution.
davendeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 05:44 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Sounds like a call to your dealer..
but until then...
whomever last played with your systems set it to come out the surround and, as stated, set the tv speakers off...

go thru each of your tv's menu settings and check for speakers off...
(OR, turn your dvd/surround system on..)

OR - it's the cable supplier may not have sound on some 'alternate' stations???
Old 11-13-2013, 06:35 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by paz View Post
You may need to go into your setup menu of the BR and LR TVs and select cable instead of antenna. The TVs in the bunks are obviously different, and may not require that change.
Yes, we did that before tuning each
Of the TVs. Each of them were set to scan.for cable channels
Old 11-13-2013, 06:44 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBoyToo View Post
Sounds like a call to your dealer..
but until then...
whomever last played with your systems set it to come out the surround and, as stated, set the tv speakers off...

go thru each of your tv's menu settings and check for speakers off...
(OR, turn your dvd/surround system on..)

OR - it's the cable supplier may not have sound on some 'alternate' stations???
There is audio on some channels so I would think that would rule out the possibility of an audio setting on same tv. Turning on Surround sound doesn't fix.
Since the bunk TVs are getting audio that seems to rule out a cable company issue.

Hmmm. Quite the mystery.
Old 11-13-2013, 07:06 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1943D18 View Post

There is audio on some channels so I would think that would rule out the possibility of an audio setting on same tv. Turning on Surround sound doesn't fix.
Since the bunk TVs are getting audio that seems to rule out a cable company issue.

Hmmm. Quite the mystery.
Very strange. I'd have to contact customer service. They have probably had this issue before and may have a remedy.
davendeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 05:42 PM   #8

This is several days old and the OP may have found it, but make sure the audio program is not on an audio service (SAP in the old days) that has nothing on it. Thats a favorite prank that accomplishes exactly what you describe

Jeff - WA6EQU
'06 Itasca Meridian 34H, CAT C7/350
SCVJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 07:13 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCVJeff View Post
This is several days old and the OP may have found it, but make sure the audio program is not on an audio service (SAP in the old days) that has nothing on it. Thats a favorite prank that accomplishes exactly what you describe
I'm not sure what this means. I've navigated thru the audio settings several times but don't recall seeing any reference to "audio service or SAP"
Old 11-21-2013, 10:47 AM   #10
Moderator Emeritus

Since your RV is brand new, have you called the manufacturer or dealer to see if they can assist you?
Old 11-21-2013, 11:07 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahW View Post
Since your RV is brand new, have you called the manufacturer or dealer to see if they can assist you?
We've been in touch with both quite frequently, most recently about more serious issues, but many problems can be solved by asking around on help boards like this. I'll certainly report back when I figure it out
Old 11-21-2013, 09:01 PM   #12

Since all TV's are different in functionality, all I can do is throw that out there for you to try and find. But answering engineering calls at a TV station for the last 30 years, I can assure you that this has been an issue on both analog and digital TV's. If these TV's are watching off of the coach antenna and not through an HDMI distribution, it is NOT a coach issue, and this is about the only thing left if you have looked for speaker controls on the TV, etc.

Jeff - WA6EQU
'06 Itasca Meridian 34H, CAT C7/350
SCVJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 04:47 PM   #13
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1943D18 View Post
We've been in touch with both quite frequently, most recently about more serious issues, but many problems can be solved by asking around on help boards like this. I'll certainly report back when I figure it out
That's true. There are so many helpful posters that have usually "been there, done that." Wish I had something helpful to add!! Please do post when the situation is resolved.
Old 11-23-2013, 12:21 PM   #14

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
A thought comes to me...... In days of old when folks were bold and television was ANALOG.......

As the signal went 5-4-3-2-1 the video was lost before audio.

Today.. I have often seen no audio as the signal drops. even with video .. more or less decent.