Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc.
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-16-2014, 06:42 AM   #15
YC1

Ok, getting somewhere now with the "intermittent" issue and the lower number on 101 as suggested. Do you get 99c,103ca,cb as does triker?

Using cell phones if possible have someone watch the signal strength on 99c for example if you have any signal at all. If not use the low signal of 101. Then gently press the end of the lnb arm side to side to side and up and down. I found my dish seemed to have a tiny bit of slop in the turning base because moving it made the signal come up. With some experimenting and 40 years of antenna installations under my belt I determined my actual reflector had been warped a tiny bit. Twisted from getting tangled in my crank up antenna due to me cranking it down while in the wrong direction. Had to get physical to get them untied. Must have warped the reflector a tiny bit.

A tiny fraction of an inch is all it takes to make the reflector non-linear. If you find you can get the signals up this way but just can't tweak it, search yard sales etc and find a used dish to replace the reflector.

YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-16-2014, 07:06 AM   #16

Entegra Owners Club
Why is this not being repaired under warranty by Newmar?
MRUSA14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 08:58 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScratchGolfr View Post
101 signal strengths are in 50-60's, all others 80+

Paid him in that he felt the dish was out of alignment, Winegard agreed, late on Friday afternoon, he could not get the bracket to replace ... intention was to followup with him, get the bracket replaced. My lack of HD reception is intermittent, it was better when he left Perry; though I am back to where I started now

Thanks
The 101 signal is way too low. The SK-3005 peaks off this certain point in the search routine, so if this is low, it indicates either a signal obstruction or possibly something is bent that isn't factoring in until the SK-3005 attempts to skew in the outside birds.

I'd guess that you may have a slight 101 obstruction rather than bending but it's possible that the latter is happening.

I'd recommend entering the user menu of the antenna and taking it out of multisat mode and putting it into Manual 101 mode. This will search for 101 alone and avoid skewing in the outside birds. If you still have low signal on 101 at this point, you've got an obstruction that's likely causing most of your issues. If you peak in at a much higher signal strength, something's happening as the antenna skews and it's likely related to a bent reflector or feed arm.
SatAntHelper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 08:04 PM   #18

Newmar Owners Club
re no HD

Thanks so much for the thoughtful replies .... should get this up and running in next day or two!

2014 Essex 4544
2010 Ford Taurus SHO toad
ScratchGolfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 06:23 PM   #19

Newmar Owners Club
Everything is all better!

Satellite dish replaced with SWM unit, whole home Genie, able to record 7 programs simultaneously (a little excessive!).

Not clear why I had so much trouble with previous set-up.

Thanks so much for everybody's input.

2014 Essex 4544
2010 Ford Taurus SHO toad
ScratchGolfr is offline   Reply With Quote