Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc.
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-11-2013, 07:16 AM   #1

OtterBox cases for your phone - Kudos!

As for many of us, my cellphone is an integral part of my daily routine. When I purchased my iPhone4 a few years ago I purchased an Otterbox Defender series case/cover to protect it. The guy at the Verizon store had suggested OtterBox along with few other brands. I chose the Defender series, and am glad that I did. It has survived falls from ladders, a trip into a mostly empty porta-potty (dont ask), a couple of drops from rooftops of RVs, falling out of my pocket, even a faux pas on my part leaving it on TOP of the roof of my car and driving away - yes, the non-slip outer silicone/rubber band was tacky enough to keep the phone in place at 40mph speeds.

Unfortunately as time has passed the silicone/rubber outer band has become stretched, loose, and is no longer tight to the body of the phone. I called Otterbox explained the situation. I had every intention of purchasing the outer band to fix it or even a whole new case. They directed me to their website. I uploaded a couple of pictures of the case, filled in some information and voila - less than a week later a brand new case has arrived absolutely free, not even any shipping charges.

Thank you Otterbox. When I upgrade to a newer phone in the next year or two it will reside in one of your Defender cases.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-11-2013, 07:26 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94-Newmar View Post
As for many of us, my cellphone is an integral part of my daily routine. When I purchased my iPhone4 a few years ago I purchased an Otterbox Defender series case/cover to protect it. The guy at the Verizon store had suggested OtterBox along with few other brands. I chose the Defender series, and am glad that I did. It has survived falls from ladders, a trip into a mostly empty porta-potty (dont ask), a couple of drops from rooftops of RVs, falling out of my pocket, even a faux pas on my part leaving it on TOP of the roof of my car and driving away - yes, the non-slip outer silicone/rubber band was tacky enough to keep the phone in place at 40mph speeds.

Unfortunately as time has passed the silicone/rubber outer band has become stretched, loose, and is no longer tight to the body of the phone. I called Otterbox explained the situation. I had every intention of purchasing the outer band to fix it or even a whole new case. They directed me to their website. I uploaded a couple of pictures of the case, filled in some information and voila - less than a week later a brand new case has arrived absolutely free, not even any shipping charges.

Thank you Otterbox. When I upgrade to a newer phone in the next year or two it will reside in one of your Defender cases.
I'm a scuba diver and use the small Otterbox for my "chipped" car keys. Great product and reasonably priced.
Old 10-11-2013, 08:23 AM   #3

I use a n Otter box to carry our Sat phone in. Over the years it has gone through a lot, between the MH, four wheeling and snow machining in the winter. So far it has never let me down. They are very good.
R2Home is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 08:27 AM   #4

My front hard part of the case had a small crack I sent them pics same here they sent me a new one I didn't even have the receipt kudos to them
whem2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 08:33 AM   #5

Forest River Owners Club
Looked at OtterBox case just yesterday for DW's new S3 android. We both thought it was much too bulky for our normal pocket carry, though it did seem to provide maximum protection.
AFChap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 08:37 AM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quality!

Yeah, but will they survive the harshest environment ever encountered? My wife's purse!

Quality products, quality support. Not cheap but well worth it.
Muddypaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 08:42 AM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I have an otterbox exec case I think they call it. Not the supper rugged iced case rather more like a conventional shell around the sides and back. It has two layers. Hard exterior and shock pad. Very well made and has done well with the occatioal floor drop.
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 03:39 PM   #8

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I put my S-III in an otter box defender.. Before that I had a body glove. but the Defender offers more protection and a belt clip.

Well the belt clip broke

I E-mailed them one morning, they replied "Send Photos" So I used the phone to snap a few photos and replied and by that afternoon they told me "new defender on the way"

And so it was.

I too am impressed with this company.
Old 10-11-2013, 04:38 PM   #9

Had Otters on previous iPhone. They were great.
We upgraded and got the Lifeproof cases. Fantastic!

http://www.lifeproof.com/shop/us_en/...iphone-5-case/
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 04:44 PM   #10

I bought an OtterBox Defender almost two years ago when I got my first iPhone. I scratched the screen and sent them an email inquiring how to buy the plastic screen part. They sent a brand new one free and I even told them that I put it in my purse with loose keys.

My daughter gave me a life proof waterproof case and I hated it. It was slippery and I kept dropping it. With the OtterBox case I can put the phone on the dash and it stays there. Same for the arm if a chair or the counter of the camper. I need that rubber back and bumper. Love the company and the case.
stonekeepers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 04:58 PM   #11

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Had Otters on previous iPhone. They were great.
We upgraded and got the Lifeproof cases. Fantastic!

LifeProof iPhone 5 case - waterproof, dirt-proof, shock-proof protection. FREE SHIPPING | LifeProof
X 2 on the Lifeproof case. I'm trying to get the courage up to take it snorkeling. It's supposed to be waterproof to 12 feet.
Bruce Dickson 2013 Thor Challenger 37GT, 5 Star Tune, Safe-T-Plus Steering Control with Air Trim, Roadmaster front and rear Sway Bars, SuperSteer rear Track Bar, Crossfires, 2018 Honda CRV . Full timers since Jan 2012.
bdickson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 05:16 PM   #12

Whats the old saying?? Oh ya, you get what you pay for. Otterbox isn't cheap but may very well be the best cover for the phone. When I bought our last (three) Iphone5's I also bought the Otter for each. Very well built.
Old 10-11-2013, 05:47 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed S View Post
Whats the old saying?? Oh ya, you get what you pay for. Otterbox isn't cheap but may very well be the best cover for the phone. When I bought our last (three) Iphone5's I also bought the Otter for each. Very well built.
Agreed. Lifeproof is more than Otter
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 08:21 PM   #14

I have an ATT&T Android based Samsung Infuse and bought the Otterbox before leaving the store! I had Otterbox longevity problems too, but I didn't have to send photos when my clip broke on the holster part. They sent me 3! FREE!
Then, 9 - 10 months later I called back and told them how the outer rubber case was streached and didn't fit tight anymore, a new one came with the hard shell too! Also FREE!

Due to upgrade my phone anytime I want. It looks new inside the Otterbox, but having battery life issues and I'm liking the new Samsung Note 3 but I wont buy it till the stores have an Otterbox Defender to take it home in!
NFlcamper is offline   Reply With Quote