RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc.
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-17-2017, 06:46 PM   #1

Pathway X2 changes

Dish Network recently removed several channels from their 72.7 satellite. As a consequence, users of the two receiver option with their Pathway X2 have pretty close to a useless system unless you're a big fan of Roy Rogers. If you're in an area where you can get the Western arc you will have more programming available but the same channel must be viewed on both TVs. I am really pi$$ed at both Dish for removing the programming from 72.7 and Winegard for locking us into that channel for two receiver independent viewing. The 61.5 satellite has better programming than 72.7 ever had. Hopefully Winegard will come up with a fix.

dsurette is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-19-2017, 09:23 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsurette View Post
Dish Network recently removed several channels from their 72.7 satellite. As a consequence, users of the two receiver option with their Pathway X2 have pretty close to a useless system unless you're a big fan of Roy Rogers. If you're in an area where you can get the Western arc you will have more programming available but the same channel must be viewed on both TVs. I am really pi$$ed at both Dish for removing the programming from 72.7 and Winegard for locking us into that channel for two receiver independent viewing. The 61.5 satellite has better programming than 72.7 ever had. Hopefully Winegard will come up with a fix.
I agree. When using the western arc you do not need to use the same channel, but the channels do have to be on the same sat.

CarolynanBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 09:36 AM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Pathway x2

When setting up for the western arc do you use single tv option or two cables from sat dish? Do you run the cable thru the bomb box?
rfsod48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 08:21 AM   #4

I haven't had an opportunity to use the Western arc yet. I had been using the Eastern arc in two receiver mode. I have just started using two receivers in one rcvr mode. We get most of the channels this way but you still have to be on the same satellite. If the main rcvr tunes to a channel on a different satellite the second receiver loses signal. You then have to do a check switch on rcvr 2 and find something on that satellite that the second viewer wants to watch.
The coax input on the outside is a straight line to the BOMB. I made a jumper so I can hook up the sat rcvr or park cable to this input. I also installed another coax input under the bedroom side of the slide for the second sat input. Now I don't have to run the cable through the bedroom window for the second sat rcvr.
Old 09-20-2017, 07:36 PM   #5

Quote:
I haven't had an opportunity to use the Western arc yet. I had been using the Eastern arc in two receiver mode. I have just started using two receivers in one rcvr mode. We get most of the channels this way but you still have to be on the same satellite. If the main rcvr tunes to a channel on a different satellite the second receiver loses signal. You then have to do a check switch on rcvr 2 and find something on that satellite that the second viewer wants to watch.
The coax input on the outside is a straight line to the BOMB. I made a jumper so I can hook up the sat rcvr or park cable to this input. I also installed another coax input under the bedroom side of the slide for the second sat input. Now I don't have to run the cable through the bedroom window for the second sat rcvr.
This is true. It is a workaround that Winegard recognizes. It is a bit of a nuisance but does allow the dish to find the 3 satellites as if you were only using 1 receiver. Yes, the 2nd receiver is slaved to the whim of the person controlling receiver 1. That's life when the dish only has 1 LNB. Receiver 2 has no control over the rotation of the dish (the coax from port 2 on the dish does not accept a control signal).
Old 09-20-2017, 07:53 PM   #6

Quote:
When using 2 receivers, you can still select 1 receiver at setup. Receiver 1 will find 3 satellites. Tune to 61.5 on receiver 1, go to the 2nd receiver and run check switch. Receiver 2 will then lock on 61.5 (which has already been found and locked by receiver 1).
Old 09-22-2017, 06:36 PM   #7

I finally had an opportunity to use the Western arc and I think I like it better than the Eastern arc. Being the sweet wonderful caring man that I am, I let my wife have the main output and I have the secondary. But it seems that there are more channels on the same satellite that we both like so it works out OK for us. I think it is the 129 bird.