Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc.
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-11-2015, 04:25 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick_NH View Post
Hi David,
I'm getting "Twitter log agent" when attempting to view your page. Never seen that message before, have you?
Micro wifi is a great idea. Going to plan it out and obtain the materials after checking your info.
With more than five feet of snow on the ground and subzero temps I need to think MH and spring to survive. Gonna be a heck of a melting/ mud season if it ever comes. Thanks
Rick
I have never heard of "Twitter log agent". We use Twitter feeds on our site that shows our most recent tweets but I have never had an issue with it. I just went to the site with my Chrome browser and had no issue. So not sure how to advise on this. Even doing a search for "Twitter log agent" brings up nothing in Google.

Can you try another browser and see if the site comes up? I ask for maybe it is something stuck in cache or some other issue. Have you been to the site before? Just wondering.
David Bott is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-12-2015, 08:52 PM   #44

I click on it on the iPhone and get Twitter Widget Log Agent and cannot get to the video. Guess I need to try a pc.

2005 Country Coach Inspire, C9 CAT
Old 02-13-2015, 05:45 AM   #45

Was not aware as no one mentioned it before an I do no use an iPhone. (Or looked at the site on a phone.) You can go to YouTube on your phone and search for OutsideOurBubble and you can find the video if that helps you.
Old 02-19-2015, 01:05 PM   #46

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
David:
I was going to send you a private message but thought that maybe someone may also run into this problem. I have all the parts and pieces needed. Set my MacBook Pro as per your instructions. My Pro does not have an ethernet port so I am using a USB to ethernet adaptor. I am able to get the ethernet addressed and working. When I attempt to "log into" the NanoStation I get a timeout with an error message that the server could not be found. I changed cables just for grins but am still not able to log into the NanoStation.
The only thing I can think of is that maybe the NanoStation is bad.
Any other ideas...

Thanks
Ron
Old 02-19-2015, 01:19 PM   #47

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I neglected to mention that when I enter the address for the NanoStation and press return I can observe the "Lan1" lite on the NanoStation flash multiple times then stay on steady once again. This is telling me that it is going out and attempting to "talk" to the NanoStation but not getting a response

Thanks again
Ron
Old 02-19-2015, 03:07 PM   #48

My guess is maybe you need to check your settings for the USB network card and be sure you are set on MANUALLY and have the correct info added to the IP and Subnet.

Also...BE SURE you have the drivers installed as needed. Not sure what USB network adaptor you have, but they usually require a driver to be installed. I had one person trying to set the wrong network device thinking it was the right device. It was only after a time period I asked able drivers, the reply was "what drivers?". Installed, had seen the right interface in the network area, and then was to make the right settings.

You could also try resetting the Nanostation. When it is powered up, there is a reset button on the bottom, hold it in for 20 seconds.

Also be sure you have the POE port plugged into the Nanostarion and the LAN port into your Mac. Also had that one.

Hope one of these helps.
Old 02-19-2015, 11:54 PM   #49

Hi David,
I am having the identical experience as Ronk on both my MacBook Air and my MacBook Pro. The Pro has the built in ethernet port while the Air is using an apple adapter. I've tried everything you suggest and then some without luck. I have tried Safari, Chrome, and Firefox with the same results. Firewall is off on both. I've tried google without luck and am running out of ideas. Thanks for any help.
Dave
fr8dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 06:29 AM   #50

Sorry you are having an issue, but I have to guess may be may be missing something. But who know, maybe you do have a bad NS. I know a lot of these has been set up.

I can try a call if needed.
Old 02-20-2015, 08:05 AM   #51

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Ever have one of those situations that you totally over-think a problem then all at once the light bulb goes on and you think "how could I have done that". Well, there I was trying to talk to the NanoStation with the airGateway plugged into the power adaptor. That was even after going back over the video couple times. Bottom line is we are up and working fine.
Thanks David for your contribution and patience with "airheads" (and to think I've worked with computers and networks back when we programmed in binary)
Old 02-20-2015, 09:38 AM   #52

Ok, I hate to say this, but that was a first. My video was in correct order. LOL. You just jumped ahead.

Glad it is working.
Old 02-20-2015, 11:19 AM   #53

Thank you RonK, I made the same mistake. Everything is up and working now. Thank you David for sharing your knowledge and help. If there is a mistake to be made I usually find it
fr8dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 01:36 PM   #54

Glad you also got it.
Old 02-21-2015, 06:29 AM   #55

Thanks so much for this David. I can't wait to set this up as soon as I get my RV out of storage next month and head to the sunny and warmer (I hope) south. Bad signal reception has always frustrated me at RV parks and this sounds like the solution.

Thanks again!
EasyPace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 07:19 AM   #56

Welcome.

Tags
power