Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc.
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-16-2016, 04:38 PM   #1

Phone Apps for low clearance overpasses and tunnels

Does anyone know of any apps that are available that will identify low clearance tunnels and overpasses on a route? If so, what are your opinions about them? Thanks in advance
Nick1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-16-2016, 05:10 PM   #2

RV Parks, shows gas stations campgrounds and low clearance areas and you can plan your route on it also it'll give you guidance. I use it on my Android phone.
ken698 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 06:22 PM   #3

Just loaded that app on my I phone
Looks to be a good app
will stevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 06:28 PM   #4

thank you all your response. I'll check that one out
Old 08-17-2016, 08:17 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken698 View Post
RV Parks, shows gas stations campgrounds and low clearance areas and you can plan your route on it also it'll give you guidance. I use it on my Android phone.
I loaded this app on my phone. Can't seem to locate anything about clearances. Is this something that automatically comes up during a route? Does the app route me around these areas?
Old 08-17-2016, 08:25 AM   #6

CoPilot is a GP routing app that has a height knowledgeable road database. You set your RV height and it won't route you down roads that have overhead obstructions.
Lots of RV Information at www.dmbruss.com
Dale & Mark Bruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 01:20 PM   #7

Nick there is a yellow bridge looking thing if you click on it it will tell you that it is low clearance. I had to play around with it to find it out. Never looked at copilot but I will.
ken698 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 04:41 PM   #8

All stays Truck & Travel. It is my back up bible to my routing bible which is Rand McNally Motor Carrier Road Atlas. No other way to go. Also our GPS is a regular car one that only is a guidanced for upcoming exits etc. No other fasncy stuff needed in 9 years. Never a bad situation
And yes we run the roiads not the interstate
Nana25K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2016, 09:41 AM   #9
KC

CoPilot app for phones works has weight, length and height inputs. Beware the weight only goes upto 26k.

KC
Old 08-19-2016, 10:46 AM   #10

Howdy!

Co-pilot GPS app as mentioned above, been using it for years and it hasn't steered me wrong.

"Happy Trails"
Chiefneon
chiefneon is offline   Reply With Quote