Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc.
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-26-2015, 06:18 AM   #1

Problems with setting up Nanostation

I’ve been trying to set up a Nanostation Loco M2, plus an Airgateway for use connecting to RV park Wifi. I’ve followed a couple of different setup instructions, all essentially the same, that I found on-line No joy.

My laptop can communicate with the Nanostation via Ethernet cable. It shows as being connected to our modem/router (Jeffers) here at home. All the lights on the Nanostation are lit up, further suggesting that it is communicating with our home router. But no internet access.

Our laptops both connect wirelessly to the Airgateway, but of course with the Nanostation not getting internet from our home router, it is not working.

I suppose something is not set correctly. I admit that I’ve run out of ideas. My suspicion is that it has something to do with security settings, but I am out of my league trying to sort that out. Here are screen shots of the present configuration:

I hope someone can point out which setting(s) I have wrong. I’ve tried repeatedly resetting and reconfiguring the Nanostation, and I can’t get it to send an internet signal through.

Thanks for any help!

Wayne
WNJeffers is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-26-2015, 07:14 AM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Is your Nano Station connecting to the park WIFI? I really couldn't tell from the information you provided, but that has to happen for anything else to work, although to be frank, I can't figure out why that would be of any benefit to you unless it acts like a router.
luvlabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2015, 08:23 AM   #3
YC1

It appears you are locked on so try this.

Go to your internet icon on the laptop and right click it. Click troubleshoot and let it go until done. I think often during the handshakes things get bungled.

YC1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2015, 09:29 PM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
WNJeffers, see if this video helps.
grtharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 04:03 AM   #5

Luvlabs – When I click on the internet icon in the tray, it tells me I am “Currently connected to: Unidentified network, No internet access.” It has the little park bench icon to denote a public wifi point. The intended benefit is that the Nanostation is intended to pull in weak wifi signals. The Airgateway is intended to act as a wireless private AP.

YC1 – I’ve done the “troubleshoot problems” a number of times with no luck. But just now I tried it again and it fixed a problem, which it characterized as, “DHCP is not enabled for ‘Local Area Connection.’” I now have internet access through the network cable from the Nanostation to my laptop. I have no idea what was different this time as compared to the many times it could not identify the problem. Now to try the Airgateway.

Grtharris – That video is what inspired me trying this setup. I’ve tried to follow it faithfully, several times. I think I may now be on the way to getting it to work as intended.

Thanks everyone!

Wayne
WNJeffers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 10:10 PM   #6

Hard to tell from these pics, but do your home network (jeffers) and the Nanostation's LAN network use the same IP address range? If so, that would be a problem.
JoeTampa is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ems, problems