Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc.
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-11-2012, 07:08 PM   #127

Fleetwood Owners Club
Coastal Campers
American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by racefn View Post
looks like you can turn in any old gps, doesnt say it even has to work, that makes it even better if I read it right and you have 30 days to send in an old one, unless i'm reading it wrong. new price 249.99
Same as the email I received, any old GPS, did not see anything about the 7710.
Mickey Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-12-2012, 12:08 AM   #128

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
I am taking advantage of the offer.

Wasn't going to upgrade from the 7710 as it has been reliable and trouble free but I like the idea of the brighter screen.

Trade in link RVND

Here is the fine print from the link above. ANy GPS unit qualifies, doesn't say anything about working or not.

RVND™ 7720 TRADE-IN TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SALE

Effective December 11, 2012 through December 18, 2012, Rand McNally’s RVND 7720 shall be available at the special price of $249.99. The special price is subject to the return of any existing GPS navigation device within 30 days from delivery of the RVND 7720 to the customer.

Customer may return their existing GPS device with the UPS return label enclosed with the RVND 7720. Canadian customers are soley responsible for any additional return costs associated with return of their GPS navigation unit. Trade-in GPS units are non-returnable.

Failure to return an existing GPS unit as described herein will result in the customer being responsible for the difference between the special price ($249.99) and the full retail price ($349.99) of the RVND 7720, and such difference will be charged to customer's credit card should customer fail to return their existing GPS unit.

Purchase of the RVND 7720 in accordance with these Trade-In-Terms authorizes Rand McNally to charge customer’s credit card for this difference or to collect this amount in another manner.

TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT AND TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, RAND MCNALLY’S TOTAL LIABILITY (WHETHER IN CONTRACT, WARRANTY, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE, PRODUCT LIABILITY OR STRICT LIABILITY), OR OTHERWISE), ARISING OUT OR RELATING TO THESE TERMS AND THE TRADE IN PROMOTION SHALL NOT EXCEED THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE FULL RETAIL VALUE AND THE SPECIAL PRICE FOR THE DEVICE GIVING RISE TO THE CLAIM.

All prices listed above are in U.S. Dollars and subject to applicable taxes.

This trade in promotion is void where prohibited, and not valid with other offers.
sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 04:49 AM   #129

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Thanks for the info on the "trade-in) promotion. I had just ordered a 7715 on ebay for $205 when I saw the post. The ebay seller agreed to cancel that order and I went with the 7720. This is a great site to exchange info. Merry Christmas
Floridakamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 05:46 AM   #130
laj

Anyone know what the return policy would be on the 7720 if it doesn't work any better in my location. Gave them my first 349.00 , not really wanting to lose another 249.00
Thinking about the new desi 760 and just don't want to get caught. These things aren't cheap enough for me to be buying one every few months. Thanks
laj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 08:25 AM   #131

MartinC: Thank you for posting the info on the trade in program. I have been fence sitting but I think I will jump off that fence. My only problem is mounting the unit. My Garmin 7200 came with a number of mounting options. I had the little plastic base velcroed to the dash. Worked great. My preferd mounting are is about the center of the dash on the right hand side. The dash mounting area in our Monaco is 24 inches from the windshield. Other than the windhield mount that will not work for me what other options are available? I see a disc mount on the Rand website but it might be flimsy as it is only about $5.00. The picture of the 7720 on Rand's website shows it on some sort of stand??? I know there are aftermarket mounts like Ram. Any suggestions appreciated. I want to order that unit within 5 days. Thanks
2009 Silverado Toad
moisheh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 11:58 AM   #132

I use the suction mount on a 4" square piece of polycarbonate screwed to the flat surface of the dash to the right of the instrument binnacle.
MartinC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 12:25 PM   #133

I spoke with Rand this morning. That disc they sell will work fine. It comes with some 3M tape that is removable and the suction cup will stick to the plastic. I asked him about the trade in program and he stated that only Rand units can be returned! I told him that the wording in the ad states ANY GPS. He then went and checked with a supervisor and of course I was correct. Can you imagine the unhappy RV'rs who returned some old worthless GPS and they charged the $100 back to your CC. I can see the riots. BTW: If anyone is using Windows 8 the dock will not work. A $100 discount tells me the units are either overpriced or they want to capture market share before the Garmin hits the streets.
2009 Silverado Toad
moisheh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 12:57 PM   #134

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I ordered yesterday based on the wording of the promotion and I intend to return a tomtom. If that's not good enough they've got an unhappy customer on their hands.
Old 12-13-2012, 03:22 AM   #135

National RV Owners Club
Mounting

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinC View Post
I use the suction mount on a 4" square piece of polycarbonate screwed to the flat surface of the dash to the right of the instrument binnacle.

I made about the same thing but round and used the double back tape and put in the dash............. works great ......
Warden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 01:25 PM   #136

Commercial Member

Hi Folks,

You can trade in ANY old GPS. It does not have to be an RVND. Please let me know if you have any questions.
RandMcSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 02:54 PM   #137

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandMcSam View Post
Hi Folks,

You can trade in ANY old GPS. It does not have to be an RVND. Please let me know if you have any questions.
Thank you for clearing that up and for being a presence on a number of RV forums. I had seen in another thread someone commented about how quickly their order was shipped. I ordered on Dec 11 and according to your website, the wharehouse is processing my order as of about 5 p.m. on the 13th. It's not a huge problem but we were leaving on a trip this coming Monday morning (17th) and I had my fingers crossed that it might get her before we left. I called this morning and was told it had a UPS tracking number but UPS hadn't picked it up yet so the tracking number was not showing on the website. UPS must be slacking..... still no tracking number.
Old 12-13-2012, 03:34 PM   #138

RandMcSam, does it have to come from The RM sight? Just wondering if I bought from a retailer if it would be the same.
HTFireMedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 04:02 PM   #139

@ RandMcSam: I will be returning my 7710 as trade in. Do I need to send in the ancillary stuff like the suction mount as well or just the tablet?
MartinC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 04:07 PM   #140

Fleetwood Owners Club
Just ordered one of these units Didn't use the discount, I can't buy a GPS for $100. The old unit will work in our car so Ill keep it. My Christmas present to me from my wife. I'm excited!!
sparkydog is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gps