Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc.
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-04-2019, 11:53 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Boss View Post
Maybe you are only talking about RFM with Dish?
Yep
TechWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-04-2019, 09:13 PM   #16

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjeffrey View Post
Not interested in a DVR!?! I can't even...

Yup - we're probably one of the only couple in the world that doesn't want a DVR - we watch what we want when it's on and have never thought "Boy, I wish we had a DVR"... Back in the day we used to tape a lot of shows on VHS tapes - we have several tapes that we have not even watched 30 years after taping them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gandl2 View Post
FYI- If you have a Directv Genie now that is a DVR that has 5 tuners. So you can watch or record 5 channels at the same time.

Believe it or not Genies are available without a DVR - and we don't have to pay the extra fee for the DVR capability...
Old 05-05-2019, 01:03 PM   #17

Back to OP's original questions . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan_Hepburn View Post
1. Does the RF Mogul dish, and/or the Winegard Travler, allow completely independent operation of 2 receivers? . . . or are both receivers limited to watching the same satellite?
As pointed out previously, using a Winegard Travler or RF Mogul allows receivers to act independently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan_Hepburn View Post
2. I've heard that Dish has a receiver that is actually 2 receivers in one box - one uses an IR remote and the other uses an RF remote so that each viewer has exclusive control of a receiver instead of needing to put 2 receivers in different locations. We're not interested in DVR capability because we don't have that now and don't feel we need it.
Your DISH non-DVR receiver options are limited to the VIP 222k which is a 2-tuner non-DVR receiver. You can connect one HD and one SD TV to this receiver.

DISH discontinued the 222k in 2015 I think, but you can pick one up on eBay.

However, the smarter option is to get two Wally single-tuner receivers as they're current models.

If you ever change you mind about having a DVR, note that a 222k can not be turned into a DVR. However, a Wally can be turned into a DVR by simply attaching a hard drive to it.
TechWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2021, 03:52 PM   #18

Entegra Owners Club
I went from Winegard to RF Mogul in 2015 with a Dish subscription and have been satisfied with its performance. After not using the satellite for the past year I am now traveling again and I went to start up the satellite and it would not connect to the dish satellites. This is on a Saturday and hard to find anybody to get help but I called RF Mogul and left a message and got a call back within an hour. It seems that the 2015 controller is not compatible with the new Dish upgrades and they recommended I upgrade the controller to a new one. Simple process to replace and I am now back in business.
Rclukey is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
directv, dish