RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc.
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-14-2019, 07:06 PM   #1

RV life app doesn't work-yet.

As I wrote in the name change thread; the app says it will not work on my device. I can only read the app information and reviews, which are poor. RV park Reviews app has been deactivated already.
Would management/someone please tell me how to download the app so it works like RV Park Reviews did?

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-14-2019, 07:21 PM   #2
WiFiRanger Ambassador

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray,IN View Post
Would management/someone please tell me how to download the app so it works like RV Park Reviews did?
At the risk of angering the Admins, let me say that the app downloaded from the Play Store quite normally for me. Since we don't know what Android device you have it's impossible to understand why you would receive the error message you did. I have a Google Pxiel 2XL running Android 9 and there were no problems.

docj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 07:39 PM   #3

RV life app does not download

The RV park Reviews app works great, but is now deactivated, with a link to download RV Life app. The RV life app says "not compatible with your device". I can only read the app info and reviews-which are poor.
Will you tell me how to get the app, or at least a way to access RV park reviews from my tablet?
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Old 01-14-2019, 07:49 PM   #4

Quote:
The RV park Reviews app works great, but is now deactivated, with a link to download RV Life app. The RV life app says "not compatible with your device". I can only read the app info and reviews-which are poor.
Will you tell me how to get the app, or at least a way to access RV park reviews from my tablet?
Old 01-14-2019, 08:12 PM   #5
Community Administrator

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
In the interim, if like my Android Tablet, just view the site in your browser (i.e. Chrome, Firefox, Edge for Samsung, etc.).

It will ask you if you want to view "mobile site" (striped version) or Full Site.

I have never used to app for iRV2 or RVParkReview.

Best luck
Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (USCG Ret), Outlaw #1193
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 08:17 PM   #6

Thanks Steve! I'll just use your method, at least until social knowledge works the bugs out of the app. Sure wish they hadn't deactivated the RV park reviews app so soon. I had resigned myself to using trip advisor for reviews, which, IMO is not nearly as good.
Old 01-14-2019, 08:21 PM   #7
Community Administrator

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Thanks to you, Ray.

I have forwarded your report to the developers.
This is reportedly a big change on the software side.

Thanks for your patience
Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (USCG Ret), Outlaw #1193
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 12:40 PM   #8
Community Administrator

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Forest River Owners Club
The development of the android version of the app is somewhat behind the IOS version but we're working on it. We anticipate a release that should address issues with tablet compatibility around the end of this month.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. | Dr. Seuss
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 02:51 PM   #9

Forest River Owners Club
I'm so disappointed in the recent changes, including rvcampground that I'm not using the site anymore. Now using RVParky which I don't much like either.

I've done 50 reviews in the last 2.5 years, and hate that the site has degraded so badly.
BuzzWolfAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 03:16 PM   #10
WiFiRanger Ambassador

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzWolfAR View Post
I'm so disappointed in the recent changes, including rvcampground ..........
As one of the admin of the site, I'm concerned that the change of name would be so distressing. It's just a name change and doesn't represent any change of focus. As was noted in the email, we discovered that lots of users were searching for "campgrounds" rather than RV parks so we wanted to make sure their searches included our site.

As for other "recent changes", I'm not sure what you're referring to. I'm not aware of any significant changes in the past several months.

Joel (AKA docj)
Old 01-15-2019, 03:18 PM   #11
WiFiRanger Ambassador

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Quote:
RV park Reviews app has been deactivated already.
Are you aware that you can access the RVParkReviews website directly from your phone? It comes up in a mobile-friendly version which is quite easy to use. You can even check a box and get it to bring up the full desktop site.
Old 01-15-2019, 09:02 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by docj View Post
Are you aware that you can access the RVParkReviews website directly from your phone? It comes up in a mobile-friendly version which is quite easy to use. You can even check a box and get it to bring up the full desktop site.
I don't have a smart phone,flip phone and tablet when away from home. As i said, RVparkreviews is deactivated, RV life says it it is not compatible with my device and does not display an install button.
Janet's reply/explanation satisfies me,for now I'll follow Steve's advice.
Old 01-16-2019, 07:30 AM   #13

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I have been having difficulty with the app. It opens to my home state and then if I try to move to another state hangs up and starts to flicker. Then I get app not responding message. That was one feature that the old app or link had. You could pick a state, then go to the town and find your parks and great reviews. Now it is next to impossible to move about the app easily.
Is anyone else having this difficulty?
Old 01-16-2019, 08:01 AM   #14

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
After several tries to download and the quirks in using it and new format, I deleted it and download AllStays for a one-time payment of 9.99.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lady puffin View Post
I have been having difficulty with the app. It opens to my home state and then if I try to move to another state hangs up and starts to flicker. Then I get app not responding message. That was one feature that the old app or link had. You could pick a state, then go to the town and find your parks and great reviews. Now it is next to impossible to move about the app easily.
Is anyone else having this difficulty?

CWSWine is offline   Reply With Quote