Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc.
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-13-2016, 06:53 PM   #1

RV Weight and Tire Software

Not sure if this is the right venue, but here goes. Has anyone else had an opportunity to try the RVWTSF (wharfside.rvwtsf.com) motorhome and trailer PC software?

It uses your RV vehicle manufactures weight and tire information to determine loading effects on the tires based on actual tire inflation pressures. I feel it gives me an added travel safety edge. Also, it gives me the information I need for setting my TPMS high and low alarm points.

I got a discount with a current coupon code - "promo10", saved $10 bucks.
txharleydude is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-14-2016, 04:28 AM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
I agree that knowing the correct corner weights and adjusting your tires accordingly is important but I fail to see and significant advantage a $20 or $30 software package would offer.

I have my tire and weight information entered into a spreadsheet along with the tire pressures, copied from the Michelin weights table.

I did look at the website and it does not do a good job of selling the benefits of the software. It talks about the need for correct pressure but does not explain how the software adds value over doing comparing your weights to a static weight and pressures table.
Old 06-14-2016, 10:10 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron_H View Post
I agree that knowing the correct corner weights and adjusting your tires accordingly is important but I fail to see and significant advantage a $20 or $30 software package would offer.

I have my tire and weight information entered into a spreadsheet along with the tire pressures, copied from the Michelin weights table.

I did look at the website and it does not do a good job of selling the benefits of the software. It talks about the need for correct pressure but does not explain how the software adds value over doing comparing your weights to a static weight and pressures table.
Wow, about time. I really like the detailed sample rvwtsf information outlined under the motorhome and trailer tabs on the website.

Since many, perhaps most, people do not have corner weight information; a big plus might be the ability to enter estimated cargo loading and to also be able to check the manufactures weight capacities information against the actual capabilities of the tires installed. And, being able to set a TPMS correction factor as well as TPMS hi and lo setpoints based on actual daily outside temperatures expected is definitely a plus.

I suppose old school spreadsheets are ok, but software puts forth much more detailed information that can be printed for your reference while traveling. Also, seems to me that an outlined benefit (of which there are many) speaks for itself without having to be "sold".
geofferyh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 10:33 AM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Location: Camarillo, CA ---Back in the house after 7 yrs fulltiming
Hey Texas Harley Dude, welcome to the forum!!!

Haven't heard of software like your describing. But most of us that's been rv'ing for a long time and and been on the forum for many years know how important tire pressures and coach weight is for safety and handling. I've got a brother and a couple of nephews that ignore the whole subject and they are continually blowing trailer and coach tires.

Once you know your actual 4 corner weights, and necessary tire pressure from the tire chart, I think money is more well spent on a tire pressure monitoring system.
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic23522_1.gif]
Duner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 06:04 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duner View Post
Hey Texas Harley Dude, welcome to the forum!!!

Haven't heard of software like your describing. But most of us that's been rv'ing for a long time and and been on the forum for many years know how important tire pressures and coach weight is for safety and handling. I've got a brother and a couple of nephews that ignore the whole subject and they are continually blowing trailer and coach tires.

Once you know your actual 4 corner weights, and necessary tire pressure from the tire chart, I think money is more well spent on a tire pressure monitoring system.
I seem to remember that tire inflation pressure needs, and therefore load carrying capacity, is directly related to ambient air temperature, especially critical during cold air conditions.

The tire inflation charts I have found typically only relate maximum loading at various inflation pressures at some ambient air standard, which is typically 65 degrees F. The RVWTSF software lets me dial-in tire inflation, therefore loading capacity needs, based on various current and/or forecast air temperature conditions. I do have a TPMS system and it typically reads 2 PSI lower than my actual tire pressures. The software allows me to enter a 2 PSI TPMS offset so that the High and Low TPMS alarm point recommendations are corrected. I now check and adjust my tire inflation needs based on my software recommendations each morning before starting out and reset my TPMS alarm points as required too.

I guess some "long timers" are just not ready to learn some new tricks. Hee, Hee...
txharleydude is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tires, tpms, weight