Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc.
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-18-2018, 04:46 PM   #1

Samsung S8 only rings once for incoming Text

On my Samsung S8 Smart Phone when a call comes in it rings several times. But when a text comes in it only rings once and is easily missed.
Is there a way for the Text to ring several times to be able to always hear it if out of the room?
Missed a text yesterday from 2:39 PM clear till after 10 PM.
wagonmaster2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-18-2018, 07:15 PM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Not sure on S8, but all phones probably do about the same. My iPhone rings until I pick it up or ignore it or it goes to voicemail, hence several times. When text comes in, mine dings one time and an (numerical) indicator pops up on the app showing I have an unread text message. The only way I know to have a longer “noise” for when a text comes in would be to pick a different text ring or tone indicator noise. Maybe pick a long one or a different frequency if your ears are tone deaf to certain frequencies, like mine. Some one with a Samsung would have to guide you in that process. Good luck.
les.warden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 09:06 PM   #3

I've tried to pick to the loudest longest tone for texts but even trying to keep the phone close we still miss one occasionally by being in another part of the house.
Old 02-18-2018, 09:19 PM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
But the texts always stay on your phone, right? So you can look/answer them at your leisure?
Old 02-18-2018, 09:53 PM   #5

s8

pull up texts, hit the 3 lines in top left corner,hit settings,notifications,under repeat reminder,change it to 10 times or any other offer amount,it will then remind you every 2 minutes.
Old 02-18-2018, 10:11 PM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeepz View Post
pull up texts, hit the 3 lines in top left corner,hit settings,notifications,under repeat reminder,change it to 10 times or any other offer amount,it will then remind you every 2 minutes.

Interesting....AFAIK, we don’t have on the iPhone.
Old 02-18-2018, 10:19 PM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by les.warden View Post
Interesting....AFAIK, we don’t have on the iPhone.

NM, found where I can do it on iPhone also. Hmm, learned something new today. A good day!
Old 02-19-2018, 05:16 AM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Cool

In case someone else wants to do this on an iPhone....

- Open Settings
- Notifications
- Scroll to Messages and select
- Scroll down to Repeat Alerts and select
- Change to Never, Once, Twice, 3 Times, 5 Times or 10 Times
2016 Jeep Cherokee
Dr. Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 06:47 AM   #9

We have S8's. Go to Settings>Accessibility>Notification reminder. You can set how often you want the reminder to repeat. You can also pick what apps you want notifications from, obviously you want messaging enable.
Old 02-20-2018, 07:10 AM   #10

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
All the phones I have seen.. that's how they work.

HOWEVER.. On my S-5 and it's transferred to my S-7 I was able to establish a "Ring tone" of my choce. I absolutly guarantee it is Unique, I doubt there is another phone (including my, now old S-5) that has this custom made ring tone.. It was made from a MP3 File I happen to have on hand of a performer I know singing a cover of a song written by an author I've had communications with. (never met her but she's a chain smoker so I tend to avoid that type. sensitive to the smoke).

I can (under audio settings) set the sounds for most actions. Let me check on it NO it did not offer that option under Messages. Though it did offer a number of options.

Menus change model to model so my path may be different but Settings and Sounds and vibration is how I started. not all selection menus (like the sound you hear) are clearly marked as menu drop downs to touch it anyway.
Old 02-20-2018, 09:16 PM   #11

Thanks to all for the information. Has been very informative and helpful. No idea there were that many options to check.