Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc.
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-03-2017, 10:07 PM   #15

We use a Winegard Travlr with Dish HD and Hopper 3 for our tv watching/recording needs and use a Verizon jet pack with “true” unlimited 4G data (No caps or throttling down to 3G at a cost of $180 a month..yes we use between 100-125GB a month) for streaming Netflix, Amazon movies and Pandora Radio. We are full-timers and moving constantly..we just instant message/chat with Dish to let them know our physical address to get local channels.
95B20V5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-04-2017, 07:53 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stMH View Post
A bit off topic but Neflix does allow downloads. I only download a massive amount of content before a trip in case it's raining.

Netflix does allow downloading of some shows.

WDK
WillandJane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 08:46 AM   #17

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
A bit off topic but Neflix does allow downloads. I only download a massive amount of content before a trip in case it's raining.
If WyoFre feels he's more on the moron side, I'm his mini me lol. Break it down for me please, what are you downloading Netflix onto?

>> Backstory , we are new to this life style regarding technology i.e. TV etc. We have a outdoor rv mfg, creekside TT and have considered getting the Dish satellite antenna of the tripod variety.

We don't watch much tv and prefer to boondock, but having the tv option is something we are weighing. Dish is our home base provider and currently we are not bound by contract with them.

TT has a 'local' antenna and works for a few limited channels if in populated areas, but of course receives nothing where we like to boondock.

Thanks WyoFre for starting this conversation.
MTSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 11:20 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTSam View Post
If WyoFre feels he's more on the moron side, I'm his mini me lol. Break it down for me please, what are you downloading Netflix onto?

>> Backstory , we are new to this life style regarding technology i.e. TV etc. We have a outdoor rv mfg, creekside TT and have considered getting the Dish satellite antenna of the tripod variety.

We don't watch much tv and prefer to boondock, but having the tv option is something we are weighing. Dish is our home base provider and currently we are not bound by contract with them.

TT has a 'local' antenna and works for a few limited channels if in populated areas, but of course receives nothing where we like to boondock.

Thanks WyoFre for starting this conversation.
Hi Sam,

I am downloading to an Android phone and watching it back via screen sharing, I don't need a wireless router that way.

I you had a wireless router you could use an apple tv or chrome cast from an ipad/iPhone or Android.

We hardly watch tv in the coach but it's nice to have in case of bad weather, I normally download 10-15 shows from Netflix and Bbc, we bring blue rays also.

For dry camping I have a 400w Wagan pure sine wave inverter I plug in to the passengers 12 volt receptacle (it's on the house battery circuit) and run an extension power lead to the TV cabinet. The 12volt receptacle can handle up to 150w with out having to be connected directly to the batteries.
Old 07-05-2017, 11:30 AM   #19

Quote:
Hi Sam,

I am downloading to an Android phone and watching it back via screen sharing, I don't need a wireless router that way.

I you had a wireless router you could use an apple tv or chrome cast from an ipad/iPhone or Android.

We hardly watch tv in the coach but it's nice to have in case of bad weather, I normally download 10-15 shows from Netflix and Bbc, we bring blue rays also.

For dry camping I have a 400w Wagan pure sine wave inverter I plug in to the passengers 12 volt receptacle (it's on the house battery circuit) and run an extension power lead to the TV cabinet. The 12volt receptacle can handle up to 150w with out having to be connected directly to the batteries.
I bought a skystream one from Amazon (being delivered today), which I'm hoping will both allow me to stream (camp wifi/Mobley) and download Amazon/Netflix/Vudu content to watch when I don't have internet.

I'm going to play around with this in the house to see if it's a viable option for on the road.
tnedator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 03:45 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95B20V5 View Post
We use a Winegard Travlr with Dish HD and Hopper 3 for our tv watching/recording needs and use a Verizon jet pack with “true” unlimited 4G data (No caps or throttling down to 3G at a cost of $180 a month..yes we use between 100-125GB a month) for streaming Netflix, Amazon movies and Pandora Radio. We are full-timers and moving constantly..we just instant message/chat with Dish to let them know our physical address to get local channels.

Can you share the Dish IM address for this? The last time I tried to change locations by chat it took me 20 minutes.
Bloodyhell is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
satellite, satellite tv