Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc.
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-27-2012, 05:51 PM   #1

ScanGuage problems

I recently purchased a new ScanGuage. I have been trying to set up Xguage to add features for my Ford V-10. After entering all the perimeters for new items none of the data shows up even though the alpha characters show up. I entered 5 different items with no results. Thoughts?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-02-2012, 06:29 AM   #2

Here is what worked for mine (adding transmission temp to the display):

TXD: C410F1221674
RXF: 046205160674
RXD: 3010
MTH: 0001 0008 0000
NAM: TFT

This link may help: Ford Specific XGauges : Linear Logic : Home of the ScanGauge
Old 02-02-2012, 08:26 AM   #3

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Had the same problem. FPR, FP, FL, FLV and a few others didnt work. The one I bought the SG for works fine, TFT. I think what is happening is ALL Ford codes are listed. However, the F53 chassis does not use them all. I think this is even noted on SG's site.
jlyon69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 10:41 AM   #4

After the op gets the issue resolved maybe someone can tell me just how accurate the data from the ScanGuage is.
rough road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 10:47 AM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
A quick call to the Scangauge people got me going in just a few minutes. You need to know what x-gauge you want to program to make it go faster.
Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 11:08 AM   #6

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by rough road View Post
After the op gets the issue resolved maybe someone can tell me just how accurate the data from the ScanGuage is.
The data from the ECM I would think is spot on. All the temps, RPM, voltage, speed,etc look right on to me. Some of the data you can adjust, such as speed by adjusting it to match your new tires, gear changes and such. I've only filled up once so far, but at this point the MPG looks very close to what I get with pen and paper. Leaving in a week for a 3000+ mi round trip to FL. By the time I get there, the MPG should be dialed in pretty good.
Old 02-03-2012, 05:41 AM   #7

jlyon, tnks-do you think the gauge mpg is within one mile per gallon, and what engine do you have?
Old 02-03-2012, 07:38 AM   #8

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by rough road View Post
jlyon, tnks-do you think the gauge mpg is within one mile per gallon, and what engine do you have?
As I said, I've only topped off once and you need to do that twice to more accurately reflect the "current" MPG. That said, when towing my 15ft enclosed trailer with 2 fully loaded touring Harleys and other gear (probably 4-5000lbs) pen and paper says about 7.5 AVG MPG. This was on 1500 mile trip from FL to MI last spring (we traded our old MH in down there).

A 500 mile round trip with the scanguage last October showed an AVG MPH of 7.9. Now this is without pulling that trailer. So, I would have to say it's pretty close at this point.

While I'm here and on this subject, SG says to stop filling up when the pump shuts off and to do that each time, which I did on my first fill-up. However, I can always get at least 7-8 more gals in there if I top it off. So I'm going to start over and top it off each time. This isn't going to effect the MPG calculations, but may effect my gals to empty. I'll say that because I have a 75 gal tank punched in, but I have to no clue when topped off if I actually have 72 gals available or 85. I really don't care about that anyway. I'll know a lot more when I get to FL next week. I'm also going to level the coach each time while I'm dialing everything in.

I have a Ford 2 valve 6.8L V10.

John...
Old 02-04-2012, 07:07 AM   #9

Good info, thanks