Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc.
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-29-2018, 11:58 AM   #57

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
I called DISH to find out why I can't change my service address with the My Dish app. She confirmed that I am definitely signed up for DISH Outdoors and have been since last year.

She had me uninstall the app and reinstall it to force the app to update, still no joy. She said she would tell the engineers about the issue and it should be corrected in the next month or two, really the next month or two. What kind of answer is that?
sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-29-2018, 12:43 PM   #58
Commercial Member

I just did online chat to change my Service Address. The experience was painless. However, they did sent a canned message telling me as a Dish Outdoors Customer, I could now do the Service Address change thru the MyDISH app. Not in my case, the app only allows Receiver reauthorization, the Manage Locals does not appear.

Must be a wider problem.
Old 05-29-2018, 10:13 PM   #59

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Got back from dinner with a co-worker, Cuban food, mmmmm, still didn't have local channels. I followed Shiggs68 lead and decided to just online chat. While chatting I asked the CS rep about the app not showing the option to "Manage Locals" he said it was a glitch, must be a technical term.

Here is the chat dialog:

Christianrey_OPID_EHB,
I'll have to report this to our app developer, I'll send a report regarding your mydish app issue, I'll submit and request for an immediate and urgent resolution for this. I apologize at this time we do not have an estimated time for resolution for this issue but this should be corrected at no time.

You
if its an app issue why would my friends app work and mine doesnt

Christianrey_OPID_EHB,
that's a glitch not all devices are affected.
Old 05-30-2018, 07:22 AM   #60
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Hey Dennis, do you pay your bills on time, or the same time as others. That would be a glitch, right?

I'm going out for a ride soon and I'm going to check the app when the Wally is activated...stay tuned.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 08:42 AM   #61

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
Hey Dennis, do you pay your bills on time, or the same time as others. That would be a glitch, right?

I'm going out for a ride soon and I'm going to check the app when the Wally is activated...stay tuned.
They would just turn off my feed. I pay more for DISH per month than I paid for the mortgage payment on my first house, you'd think for that kind of money they would get it right or at least come up with a better sounding excuse.
Old 05-30-2018, 07:18 PM   #62

Today I used the "MYDISH" app for the first time, and it seems to have worked really easily for changing my location. In fact, the GPS knew where we were and told us where the locals would come from. Pretty impressive.

Not all of the channels came in, so I still had to call tech support. He didn't know what was wrong, but he did get it fixed. So far so good.

Tom
TLGPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 09:49 AM   #63

Ford Super Duty Owner
We talk to the Manager of Distant Networks and ask about the self-changing location in the app. We were told since we have a home and RV setup we are considered Hybrid account and this time we can't get the option of changing locations. He also said that a couple of agents have allowed people with Hybrid accounts to get the option that wasn't supposed to happen. He says they are working on how to allow Hybrid accounts use the self-changing option in the future.
CWSWine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 10:25 AM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightstorm View Post
Winegard does not make a roof-mounted antenna that receives eastern arc satellites. I’ve been told the traveler can be put in manual mode to acquire eastern arc satellites, but it will only see one at a time.

My Winegard road trip is western arc only. I’m in Connecticut and am receiving New York City local programming, although it is only SD. I can only get satellites 110 and 119 here. As I go west and south all 3 western arc satellites are available. Local channels are transmitted to limited spot beam areas. As you travel your service area is changed to allow reception of local channels and you will loose your home area programming.
Actually, Winegard DOES make a make a roof-mounted antenna that receives eastern arc satellites. And even BETTER it will receive Western or Eastern and also a hybrid of both.

Winegard Roadtrip Mission

I have one.
Old 06-02-2018, 01:19 PM   #65

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Interesting. When i spoke to Winegard support, they mentioned the Mission but told me it was a discontinued product.
I still see some for sale, but not on the Winegard web site.

Former owner of a Morgan powered Bennington
knightstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 01:33 PM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by computerguy View Post
Actually, Winegard DOES make a make a roof-mounted antenna that receives eastern arc satellites. And even BETTER it will receive Western or Eastern and also a hybrid of both.

Winegard Roadtrip Mission

I have one.

I have the winegard road trip mission that came with my 2012 MH. I couldn't follow all the hullabaloo as I've been all over the country, east, west, north, south. I've never had any issues getting full programming plus locals. Use the chat feature which works 90% of the time. Have dish at home and my MH receiver is on the home account. I don't see the feature to change service address on the mydish app but the chat function is probably just as fast.
Solask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 10:37 PM   #67

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by LucasOil View Post
Have dish at home and my MH receiver is on the home account. I don't see the feature to change service address on the mydish app but the chat function is probably just as fast.
See post 63 above, if you have both a home and RV set up you are not eligible to use the app to,change service address.
Old 06-03-2018, 10:57 AM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdennislee View Post
See post 63 above, if you have both a home and RV set up you are not eligible to use the app to,change service address.

Yes. I'm aware of this. It's not an issue for me.
Solask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 05:29 AM   #69

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I have a Wally and only RV account, pay as you go. The Manage Locals option appears in app on iPad but all I get is a message that says “Houston we have a problem” and shows an astronaut.
Butte64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 01:03 PM   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butte64 View Post
I have a Wally and only RV account, pay as you go. The Manage Locals option appears in app on iPad but all I get is a message that says “Houston we have a problem” and shows an astronaut.
is your account current and service active?

Tags
cat, dish, service