Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc.
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-08-2011, 10:54 PM   #15

Jim,

You and I must be talking about two different things. For me, webmail is just an interface, a different way of getting to my cox e-mail accounts. I can either use Thunderbird to access my accounts (which I do at home) or I can use a web browser and access it as webmail (which I do when I'm away from home, especially when I'm not using my own computers).

The webmail interface is a lot like gmail.

I used to get a fair amount of spam on my cox accounts but I don't any more. I'm not sure what's changed.

Liz
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-08-2011, 11:13 PM   #16

Send a message via AIM to OldHiker Send a message via Yahoo to OldHiker
Texnet - Thanks. That worked. I have not been able to send a single email thru the cg. I changed the port to 587. Rebooted Outlook. Emails sent.
OldHiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 05:47 PM   #17
Moderator in Memoriam

Monaco Owners Club
Liz; you stated you used the Cox web mail and I said I tend to get more junk mail on it. They don't have all the same filtering on it unless you set it up. But like I said I use my g mail account like you use your Thunderbird.

Thanks for the extra info.

BTW do you know the Fautlaroy's DOn is with the sheriff dept.
Old 08-09-2011, 06:06 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kablewizard View Post
Liz; you stated you used the Cox web mail and I said I tend to get more junk mail on it. They don't have all the same filtering on it unless you set it up. But like I said I use my g mail account like you use your Thunderbird.

Thanks for the extra info.

BTW do you know the Fautlaroy's DOn is with the sheriff dept.
Jim,

I'm still confused. Thunderbird is just a program for accessing e-mail, like Outlook or Outlook Express.

Who is Fautlaroy's DOn? East Baton Rouge Sheriff's Dept?

liz
Old 08-09-2011, 06:17 PM   #19
Moderator in Memoriam

Monaco Owners Club
Yes Don is with the sheriff department in Baton Rouge and worked for innovative RV for years. just wonderd if you knew him. Don't worry about the e mail thing, like I said I use my Cox at home and g mail ( just a email program also) on the road to send it was just a suggestion for anyone who had a e mail they couldnt us on the road beacuse of their ISP and some could mess up their account by not being sure how to change ports when using a g mail for this is to easy.
Have a good day
Old 08-09-2011, 10:51 PM   #20

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldHiker View Post
Texnet - Thanks. That worked. I have not been able to send a single email thru the cg. I changed the port to 587. Rebooted Outlook. Emails sent.
Good deal. Works for most ISPs and is easy to test!

texnet is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
campground