RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc.
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-12-2019, 02:45 PM   #1

SHAW email on DISH WiFi

In Mesa Spirit RV Resort we are able to set up our own private network with a one time purchase of a router/modem. The signal comes in through the cable connection to each site. On our iPads we are able to receive, but not send Shaw email. Dish says the issue is with Shaw and Shaw says the issue is with Dish. Iím certain that there are security settings that need to be tweaked, but because we are on iPads our settings options are limited. Anyone else had this issue and if so have you been able to fix it?

randyw is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-13-2019, 11:44 PM   #2

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I quit using the basic email setup where you have to set SMTP or something for incoming and outgoing mail. Do a google search for Shaw webmail. Started using that years ago and never a problem getting my Shaw email from any computer anywhere.

icechip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 06:54 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by icechip View Post
I quit using the basic email setup where you have to set SMTP or something for incoming and outgoing mail. Do a google search for Shaw webmail. Started using that years ago and never a problem getting my Shaw email from any computer anywhere.

Unfortunately I am having the same issue with Shaw webmail.
Old 02-16-2019, 01:33 AM   #4

Instead of using webmail, have you tried setting up access to your email through Appleís iOS email? Instructions would be something like this https://community.shaw.ca/docs/DOC-14297#Setup
knit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 11:49 AM   #5

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Send a message via AIM to Hurricane1 Send a message via MSN to Hurricane1 Send a message via Yahoo to Hurricane1
I stopped using Shaw email because of the problems you are experiencing. I now use outlook.com and we no longer have problems sending or receiving our email. We live on a border town and my wife is a travel nurse. our email connection is very important to us.
Hurricane1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 11:56 AM   #6

Thanks for all of the replies and suggestions. Iím not sure what changed, but after disconnecting the power from the modem/router for five minutes and powering down the four devices connected to the WiFi it is now working. I did this in the past without success, but maybe third time lucky.

Tags
dish, wifi