Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc.
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-08-2019, 05:59 PM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Source for Winegard Road Trip Mission sat dish

Anyone have good experience with troubleshooting the Winegard Road Trip mission sat dish?
Got one going wacky.
TIA
dsamford is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-08-2019, 06:12 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Newmar Owners Club
How old is the dish? When did it last work?
Old 07-09-2019, 07:33 AM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spk64 View Post
How old is the dish? When did it last work?
Last week, 2014 model.
It’s has issues when I swap from the Playmaker portable, back to the winegaurd roof dish.
Been giving me issues last 3-4 times we have had to use the portable due to trees.
Old 07-09-2019, 07:45 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Newmar Owners Club
ok, if it was working recently and is newer than 2012 it is not the problem where Dish changed their signal rendering the older Domes obsolete.
Old 07-09-2019, 10:28 AM   #5

When you switch from the portable to the RoadTrip Mission dome are you running "Check Switch"? It's a good idea to do this to clear out the receiver.
Old 07-09-2019, 03:06 PM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
Usually have to do the DISH 6+1+1 menu and run the 50 test check switch with the coax removed to clear out & SAVE the empty memory and "refresh" the settings to go back to the in motion dish.
Been able to do that the last 6+ times.
No good this time.
Sat arch DIP switches set per Winegard and Dish. Coax to roof dish confirmed good.
Looks like my issue is in the Winegard In Motion unit.
Hoping someone has some input regarding repair or reman options.
Old 07-09-2019, 03:50 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsamford View Post
Usually have to do the DISH 6+1+1 menu and run the 50 test check switch with the coax removed to clear out & SAVE the empty memory and "refresh" the settings to go back to the in motion dish.
No good this time.
Sat arch DIP switches set per Winegard and Dish. Coax to roof dish confirmed good.
Sorry that antenna has been out of production for several years and no longer supported by Winegard.

This place says they have one for sale https://www.adventurerv.net/winegard...ad6hugfl5tj0n1

I would call to be sure to check the manufacturer date don't accept anything built before 2014, also a couple of used units on E-bay but again check the date nothing before 2014.
Old 07-09-2019, 06:19 PM   #8
Commercial Member

Quote:
No good this time.
You have your process correct it seems - after you clear the switch out and connect the Mission, does it acquire 119 on the Point Dish screen? Also, do you hear the Mission go into the conical search, where it sounds like a washing machine on a spin cycle?
winegard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 07:19 AM   #9

Fleetwood Owners Club
“Spin cycle “ happens when power switch turned on. Times out.
No sats found.
Old 07-10-2019, 07:50 AM   #10

Fleetwood Owners Club
“Spin cycle “ happens when power switch turned on. Times out.
No sats found.
Old 07-12-2019, 03:42 PM   #11

Fleetwood Owners Club
Any refurb programs out there to help out on a failed Mission Road trip unit? 2014 unit. Hate to just toss it. Like to stay in the Winegard line of customers..... lol
Old 07-29-2019, 01:17 PM   #12

Quote:
Any refurb programs out there to help out on a failed Mission Road trip unit? 2014 unit. Hate to just toss it. Like to stay in the Winegard line of customers..... lol
I would not fix it. With all the issues Dish has with the firmware and the Roadtrip it's just not worth it. I have a Wally and Roadtrip and the firmware needs to be fixed. Dish acknowledges this but it is not fixed yet in 7+ months. I keep getting monthly credits for this. I have a Playmaker I use for ground deploy when in trees and just use that one instead. Couple hundred bucks and it's worth it IMO. With all the credits I received so far it has almost payed for the Playmaker. Sad but true.
computerguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 07:40 PM   #13

I had a similar problem with my Mission 2 years ago. turned out to be the power cord. when I installed it, I used the existing wiring Georgetown had installed for it. There were 4 very small wires going to the roof, I used 2 each for power and ground. Worked great for a couple of years then it went goofy.
Mine would on occasion find a satellite and lock on but it would be the wrong one. A few minutes later it would come back on and start the search all over again. I had been having trouble with it for the last 2-3 outings so I borrowed a portable from a friend. On a whim, I ran his power cord from the cigarette lighter on the dash to the roof and plugged it in, fixed it right up. Ordered a new cord, installed it and all is still well with it. I can't tell you why, but it worked!!
Gcbegoon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dish