Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-10-2017, 07:01 PM   #1

Freightliner Owners Club
Street Atlas

Have used Street Atlas since 1998 for trip planning, and the GPS feature during trips. The last version I bought was 2014 (we sold the motorhome after) and someplace along with upgrades, the program has disappeared from my desktop. Now that we are back into the RV lifestyle, I want to again use it.

It's still on my laptop, but I cannot find the install CD to reinstall on my desktop. (the larger monitor on my desktop makes planning much better). Is there a way to reinstall the program on my desktop without the CD?
RedT is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-10-2017, 09:09 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedT View Post
Have used Street Atlas since 1998 for trip planning, and the GPS feature during trips. The last version I bought was 2014 (we sold the motorhome after) and someplace along with upgrades, the program has disappeared from my desktop. Now that we are back into the RV lifestyle, I want to again use it.

It's still on my laptop, but I cannot find the install CD to reinstall on my desktop. (the larger monitor on my desktop makes planning much better). Is there a way to reinstall the program on my desktop without the CD?
The last version of DeLorme Street Atlas was 2015. They were bought out by Garmin and dissolved. There are no websites with updates or information available.
Old 07-10-2017, 09:20 PM   #3

Freightliner Owners Club
Street Atlas

I've tried to locate a 2015 version, but haven't found one yet.
RedT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 01:38 AM   #4

If you still have it installed, try finding the SA file that has an exe extension. Right click on it and add a short cut to your desktop. Go to desktop and double left click on the shortcut. SA should startup. You may have lost your defaults, those can be reset to your preference.
mrboyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 05:01 AM   #5
paz

Quote:
Originally Posted by lllkrob View Post
The last version of DeLorme Street Atlas was 2015. They were bought out by Garmin and dissolved. There are no websites with updates or information available.
I wasn't aware of that. First MS Streets & Trips bit the dust, now Street Atlas is gone. Fortunately, we still have both on our computer, and our version of SA is 2015, which was the last one released. We won't be able to get map updates going forward, but we will hopefully be able to maintain at least basic functionality for the near future...as long as Windows doesn't do some update someday to make them stop working.
paz is offline   Reply With Quote