Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc.
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-10-2014, 08:51 AM   #29

Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vandog View Post
Ok Lemar .....I can not switch the dish type to 01 or 02 it is on 03 slimline. ...... so tomorrow I am going to disconnect the SWM system and the power inserter and reconnect the system the original way. I have two cables coming out of the winegard in motion satellite RF1 and RF2......where do I go from here...I have a D12-100 receiver a splitter and a Sony DVD system. The TV in the bedroom has it's own D12-100 receiver and the TV outside runs off the TV in the main salon.
I never should have had direct TV look at my system......thanks for all your help.
Capt. Jay
First do you have the SWM8 multiswitch kit? (SWM8, power inserter, DirecTV splitter?)
Winegard1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-10-2014, 09:30 AM   #30

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Send a message via Skype™ to vandog
Good morning......I have the perfect/vision splitter and the power inserter. The only reason I am going back to the original system is because I can not pick up local stations and I can not change the dish type to 01 (round) 18".....other than that I have no problem picking up direct tv. I have worked with direct TV technical and they tell me the same thing.....I need to be on 02 LNB or 01 round 18".......
vandog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 09:38 AM   #31

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Send a message via Skype™ to vandog
My SWM is 16R1-03.....
vandog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 06:48 AM   #32

Commercial Member

Vandog,

Since you are using a D12 DirecTV receiver, there is no need to be using a SWM kit. I would eliminate this from your setup. Then change your dish type to 02: Round (18") and your switch type to 02: Multiswitch.

The reason you are not getting your locals could be because they are only broadcasted in HD in your area. If that is true, then you will not be able to receive them in your RV. The second reason could be that they are broadcasted in SD, but you might be outside of the spotbeam they are broadcasted in. Your install address for DirecTV is located within a "spotbeam." This spotbeam has a radius of about 150 miles, and once you travel outside of that spotbeam, you will lose all of your locals. To find out if your locals are only broadcasted in HD, I would contact DirecTV and ask them.
Winegard1 is offline   Reply With Quote