Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc.
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-21-2014, 03:24 PM   #29

Tailgator Mount

Where did you find the black knobs for this mount? I've been on the web and did find a couple but thought there might be an easier source. Thanks
jeep58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-21-2014, 03:42 PM   #30
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeep58 View Post
Where did you find the black knobs for this mount? I've been on the web and did find a couple but thought there might be an easier source. Thanks
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
JohnRR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 05:17 PM   #31

Hello!

I actually bought the knobs at an Ace Hardware - they have a section of bolts, screws and various parts - these are located in bins in that section.

I'm adding a link to Amazon with the same knobs - you can use most any size bolt, the head of the bolt "snaps/locks" the bolt in place. I've been using this setup a complete season now and ZERO issues. Lots of comments at parks and questions. It works for me!

Amazon.com: 1/4 x 20 Star Knob and Bolt - 4 Pack by Peachtree Woodworking - PW6111: Home Improvement
JBoyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 11:00 AM   #32

star bolts

Thanks for the welcome!! Thanks JBoyer for getting back. I get it now. I was looking for the 1/2-20 star bolts and they are really hard to find. Why did you use the larger bung adjuster nuts instead of the ones using 3/8 bolts?
Old 03-23-2014, 07:19 AM   #33

Glad it's coming together. No reason for selecting the size I did - they fit great into the base of the Tailgater, but the smaller ones will work equally well. Good luck and get ready to talk about the mount - every park we go to, we get asked lots of questions!
Old 03-24-2014, 06:36 AM   #34

mount

Thanks for all the welcomes!!
Old 04-27-2014, 06:07 AM   #35

Where is the best place to find 2" aluminum tubing? is 1/8 wall thickness good? Can you buy the Bung adjuster nut from anyone else?-it is not available or out of stock from Midwest. I am going to make this mount also. Thanks to everyone-this is a great thread!
Steve
sk734 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 07:49 PM   #36

Entegra Owners Club
Got my aluminum at Metal Supermarket. See if there's one in your town.
Old 04-28-2014, 07:53 PM   #37

I did similar to above - I bought mine from a fencing company. In fact, they had all kinds of scrap and charged me next to nothing.

As far as the bungs, when I originally looked, I believe they were out of stock also but had them within 48 hours. I see no reason you could not get them somewhere else - I simply never looked anywhere else.

As an update, we were in White Sands this past week and just like everywhere we go, we had at least 4 visits from folks asking where we got the mount.

Good luck to you!
Old 04-28-2014, 11:18 PM   #38

Very nice!
Nuclear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 10:28 AM   #39

J Boyer thanks for the idea,
Here is mine
[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]
sk734 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 08:03 AM   #40

Mobilcastle -

Great! The longer pole on the ladder is something I wish I could have done but the ladder on my motorhome takes several twists and turns - the angle would not support a longer pole. I believe you'll be very happy and the fun part now is to watch people looking at it. Last time out, I walked out of the motorhome to find a fella taking pictures of the mount. Sometimes simple is good...

Safe travels!

Jeff