Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc.
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-04-2013, 07:51 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by padre44 View Post
FoxFi stopped working for me. Don't know if Verizon stopped it or something else is going on. They began wanting to charge for unlimited use. I tried many others which didn't work at all for me. Then paid for SVTP Wifi Hotspot and USB Tether found on the Google Store after trying their limited free edition. It worked great and is worth the money.
FireFox seems to have been absorbed by PDANet. Try the new PDANet and you will FoxFi is integrated.
schneid is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-04-2013, 08:11 AM   #16

Winnebago Owners Club
Coastal Campers
We don't have AT&T but Easy tether pro https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...eam.etpc&hl=en has worked for us with Droids on Verizon. My notebook pops a "do you want to install software" window to try to get me to download some HTC/Verizon software so I just click no.

There is a Lite version to try it but it will stop working for any secure site or sign in. Great to try it out though.
HD4Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 11:04 AM   #17

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
AT&T may not offer Fox-Fi but Samsung Does, So does Google Play and GetJar and Amazon app store.

I suspect it will work on the phone.. There is a very limited free version you can get and try, if it works (for 45 minutes, As I said, very limited) Upgrade.

Worked on my Jellybean.
Old 02-04-2013, 03:10 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by schneid View Post
FireFox seems to have been absorbed by PDANet. Try the new PDANet and you will FoxFi is integrated.
I tried PDANet along with others and it wouldn't work. As I said, FoxFi also stopped working even in limited version. The app I mentioned above works fine, but it cost a one-time fee. Worth it rather than $30 a month for Verizon's tethering.
padre44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 08:40 AM   #19

Have iPhone 4S and Verizon unlimited data. Just purchased PdaNet from my phone. Got thank you email with order number and unlock key BUT I find nothing which tells me how to proceed and make it work. I find no "click here" or "install" or "go here" .....NOTHING. What am I missing? I sent an email inquiry to Pdannet/Junefabric but they say on that screen that they are "....so busy they can't answer all emails". Hopefully someone can tell how to go from here. Thanks!

Jim
rvjimzhr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 08:50 AM   #20

Monaco Owners Club
Connect your phone to your laptop and it should then proceed to download the part it needs on the laptop so that you can use it. At least that's all we had to do but then that was a year ago
Old 06-15-2013, 08:52 AM   #21

To run pdanet you also have to install it on your laptop. Hopefully not an apple product? It is pretty simple, go to their web site on your computer and install the windows version. Then you simply plug your phone via a usb cable to your laptop and start pdanet. Like others have said foxfi is much easier to use. Be aware if your phone is running jelly bean that it will require you to have a password for your phone. Giant pain in the neck but it does work seamlessly once up and running.
Old 06-15-2013, 08:55 AM   #22

Monaco Owners Club
PDAnet and FoxFi is now the same company. PDAnet bought out FoxFi.
Old 06-15-2013, 09:16 AM   #23

Thanks so much! I'll take my laptop and go find aimed free wifi and install PdaNet on my Windows7 system. Then I'll hook the cell phone to the laptop and will be prompted or see the I vinous next step. Right?
Old 06-15-2013, 09:19 AM   #24

Damned auto full. Will find free wifi, connect the phone and proceed with obvious next step. And what is "jellybean"?
Old 06-15-2013, 02:07 PM   #25

Jelly Bean aka Android 4.2. Is the latest Android build.
Old 06-15-2013, 02:44 PM   #26

HELP: I see references online that tell me Jailbreak is NO LONGER necessary for PDANET to work with my iPhone 4S. Still I cannot find a program for iPhone that allows it without jailbreak. Easy to get the program for an Android. When I go to CYDIA website the only program for download says "for Android..." How/where do I get it for iPhone WITHOUT JAILBREAK. I don't want to jailbreak my phone.
Old 07-04-2013, 05:32 PM   #27

Finally realized that I need to jailbreak my iPhone to use PDAnet. They gave me a refund and I'll look for another tether app. Still not sure that Verizon won't "see" it and shut me down anyway.
Old 07-05-2013, 01:47 PM   #28

Winnebago Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvjimzhr View Post
Finally realized that I need to jailbreak my iPhone to use PDAnet. They gave me a refund and I'll look for another tether app. Still not sure that Verizon won't "see" it and shut me down anyway.
Verizon shut down the first version we had of Easy Tether Pro but the company quickly had a free new version. Our phones are not rooted BTW.
HD4Mark is offline   Reply With Quote