Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc.
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-06-2012, 10:42 AM   #1

National RV Owners Club
TV & LED lights

I live off grid and use an antenna for TV reception. I found the LED lights I recently installed in lamps cause or create signal interference with both our TV's. I don't know if this carries over to LEDS & RV's but putting this out as a possible consideration if you are experiencing poor Antenna reception and have LEDs.
Bob
1ciderdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-12-2012, 10:31 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Good to know, thanks.
Old 07-13-2012, 09:41 AM   #3

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Yes it does, Many LED's generate significant amounts of Radio Frequency Interference, and Television, is, well, radio with moving pictures. (To an antenna, be it Analog TV, Digital TV, Constant Carrier, PSK-31, Olivia, SSTV, EasyPal, AM, FM, SSB, Binary, CW, or whatever. it's all radio).
Old 07-20-2012, 03:56 PM   #4

I'm also using an over the air antenna and turning on or off a light kills the signal for just a second, both flourescent or incandescent do it, I have LED lights around my rear bed platform, under my awning and folding steps and they have no effect on my reception, my tv and antenna are both up front and my awning LED is close to both (about 3') but turning on a normal light 30' away will do it, I'm fulltime 4 days now and am hooked up 50 amp. Ideas ?
Old 07-22-2012, 04:28 PM   #5

I'm in the same boat as manuel, but a 30 amp service
Campnh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 08:54 AM   #6

More weirdness, I have a 110 V AM/FM/alarm clock radio on my nightstand, when I turn OFF the 12 V LED light around my bed AM reception quality drops and I get high pitch frequency noises, turn the LED lght ON and it gets quiet and better signal strength and sound quality, ?.
Old 07-23-2012, 11:30 PM   #7

I don't have anything more than the quick loss if signal when turning the lights off...i can even use the microwave with out loss of signal, just the 12v lights shutting off...strange but not losing sleep over it,lol
Campnh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lights