Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-13-2014, 12:00 PM   #15

Tiffin Owners Club
I understand that the box might be old, but the antenna signal goes through it to the HDTV and it works fine. It's just the cable connection. It's really not a big deal at this point, just a interesting situation.

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
FMCA #341229
JacknKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-13-2014, 02:13 PM   #16

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryFit View Post
yes please check the multi switch box. that old box was designed for analog signal around 900mhz in peak. i took it out as it couldn't pass through 2200-3000mhz signals in my case. i just use a 2400mhz splitter to feed front and rear tvs directly.
Channel 69 is the highest TV channel (or rather is was in 2006) for OTA broadcast, I think chan 62 is now the highest frequency used, but I'm not sure, in any case Chan 69 is 69 800-806 MHz.

So your 900 MHZ switch/splitter will have no problem with it.

Cable TV Channel 158 is 1 GIG

The range you claim for TV is the Satellite band (S-BAND) and is, if I recall correctly, commonly used as the IF frequency between the LNB and sat TV receivers, It is NOT used for broadcast TV .
Old 05-13-2014, 03:48 PM   #17
Community Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wa8yxm View Post
Channel 69 is the highest TV channel (or rather is was in 2006) for OTA broadcast, I think chan 62 is now the highest frequency used, but I'm not sure, in any case Chan 69 is 69 800-806 MHz.

So your 900 MHZ switch/splitter will have no problem with it.

Cable TV Channel 158 is 1 GIG

The range you claim for TV is the Satellite band (S-BAND) and is, if I recall correctly, commonly used as the IF frequency between the LNB and sat TV receivers, It is NOT used for broadcast TV .
you are right on these ota mhz. at one time i tried to use the "box of many buttons" to control the signal diversion for satellite receivers, it didn't work. a 2.4ghz splitter did the trick.
CountryFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 09:56 AM   #18

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Yup at satellite IF frequencies (What is on the cable to the LNB) that box will not work.. That is for sure.

But it works fine at OTA broadcast.. I should know,, I'm using one as I type.
Old 05-14-2014, 01:37 PM   #19

Thanks folks it looks like there is a heck of a lot more to it than I thought :( I think I will just try to figure out how to stream it directly from my data plan onto my tv instead. It will be more channels and less snow
Mitchyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 04:48 PM   #20

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchyb View Post
Ok I must be missing a step here, I hooked the tv over the cockpit up to the wall cable outlet for power and cable and crank up the antenna yet it still looks like a Alberta winter on the screen....can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong....
If you really want some help, at least tell us what type of TV you have, if it is digital or analog. Did you just replace the TV? If so, did the old one work?
Fulltime-Home is where we park it.
Davdeb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 05:02 PM   #21
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davdeb1 View Post
If you really want some help, at least tell us what type of TV you have, if it is digital or analog. Did you just replace the TV? If so, did the old one work?
X2

There are still numerous questions which the OP hasn't responded to. I hope we haven't overwhelmed him with technical "blah blah"...

Rick

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 05:32 PM   #22

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Mitch.. The way I do it is a bit Rube Goldburg but.. I do know the basics. (I like a whole bunch of features not standard, this is why the RG setup which I won't bother describing) it really is very easy..

If you are in Upstate SC, Perhaps we can get together.. I'm travel inhibited this week but come the 23rd, my "Range" expands Next month (end of June) I'm heading, of all direcitons, SOUTH (McIntosh Co GA) for a month, then back to Michigan.

It really is very easy to do, only takes about 10 minutes to figure it all out, I mean,, In some RV's by the time you have brewed my fee (Cup of coffee) i'm done.

If you are 'Elsewhere" then there are other forum members who are every bit as good as I am, though most work for a different "Brew".
Old 05-14-2014, 09:45 PM   #23

Thanks guys yes I was really getting lost with all of the tech talk I have a old tube magnavox tv over the cockpit but then a small LCD for the rear bedroom I guess it does boil down to the fact that the govt has taken the annolog signal away do I have to add a digital box? Which I do have an extra of
Old 05-14-2014, 09:51 PM   #24

Sorry again guys I have been abit aloof i re read everything and I have a better command as to what's going on i will investigate more as to what switches I have and what settings they are at and report back tomorrow