Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc.
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-26-2015, 06:48 PM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
TV Cable

I removed the original bedroom TV from my Bounder tonight and found that it has only one cable that was connected to an analog to digital converter. Would this be a cable from the ota antenna or something else?
rfsod48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-26-2015, 08:41 PM   #2
Community Administrator

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfsod48 View Post
I removed the original bedroom TV from my Bounder tonight and found that it has only one cable that was connected to an analog to digital converter. Would this be a cable from the ota antenna or something else?
If you have the BOMB (Box of Many Buttons) control for your video system, it will be the coax coming from there, otherwise it probably comes from a cable/antenna splitter.
Lt Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 08:37 AM   #3
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
I removed the bedroom TV and converted the space into storage. It had a coax cable coming from the switching box in the front cabinets.
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 02:13 PM   #4

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfsod48 View Post
The answer is "YES" it would be the cable from both the Antenna and Everything else.

IF you have the either the standard wall plate or the upgrade wall plate (Sensar Pro. I highly recommend it) then the cable comes from that.. Cable from the antenna runs to the wall plate, so does the cable from the PARK CABLE port on the outisde of the RV (Unless it has been re-wired) or the TO TV cable from the Sat Receiver if it HAS been re-wired.

If you have the Box of Many Buttons (matrix switch) Then all video sources run TO that box and a cable runs from that box to EACH of the TV's (one cable per TV, and again that is the cable.

So to answer your question as written.. YES, it is.
Old 09-02-2015, 08:52 PM   #5

Not to cause a problem but can I run a hdmi cable from the dish receiver to the tv and leave the box of many buttons alone
StuartCaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 07:12 AM   #6

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Well I can not answer that question since I do not know how good you are at running cables or how hard the job is.

But from an electronics point of view.. YES. In fact that is highly recommended.

One other suggestion,, When you install the new wide screan ATSC Digital TV.. Dump the converter.. you no longer need it. (The cable that runs from the wall to the converter connects to the TV the cable connecting TV to Converter remains attached to converter if you wish you can ship the converter (Along with it's remote) to the Rummage Room of Darian GA and we will dispose of it for you. Or give it to the Salvation Army.. Your choice.).
Old 09-03-2015, 08:17 AM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ota

I just purchased Pathway X2 and two dish receivers, also got two ota tuners. The tuners connect to receiver and ota cable connects to bomb. I guess that the cable from bomb then connects to cable input of receiver? When I want to use ota do I use bomb switch?
rfsod48 is offline   Reply With Quote