Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc.
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-18-2008, 05:11 AM   #1

This is the answer I received from my appeal to obtain a coupon for the digital converter. We are full timers with a South Dakota mail forward address.

June 11, 2008

Dear Consumer:

Thank you for providing additional information regarding your application for the TV Converter Box Coupon Program. According to the legislation that enacted this program, mailing addresses used for RV residents are not eligible for coupons. This includes RV Park addresses, as well as PO Box or mailing facility addresses. Therefore, we can not currently approve your application.

As part of our evaluation of your application, we are seeking additional consideration regarding your eligibility. We do not currently know when a final decision will be made.

Sincerely,

Consumer Support

TV Converter Box Coupon Program

2005 Expedition 38N C7 300hp
mystere900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-18-2008, 05:11 AM   #2

This is the answer I received from my appeal to obtain a coupon for the digital converter. We are full timers with a South Dakota mail forward address.

June 11, 2008

Dear Consumer:

Thank you for providing additional information regarding your application for the TV Converter Box Coupon Program. According to the legislation that enacted this program, mailing addresses used for RV residents are not eligible for coupons. This includes RV Park addresses, as well as PO Box or mailing facility addresses. Therefore, we can not currently approve your application.

As part of our evaluation of your application, we are seeking additional consideration regarding your eligibility. We do not currently know when a final decision will be made.

Sincerely,

Consumer Support

TV Converter Box Coupon Program

Old 06-26-2008, 07:53 PM   #3

Some of the minor details of this program weren't well thought out and are obviously still changing. Find a friend that doesn't really need coupons and have them "donate" theirs.

Jeff - WA6EQU
'06 Itasca Meridian 34H, CAT C7/350
SCVJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 03:10 AM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
How did they know that you were using a RV park address?

Could you use a UPS/Kinko box address as they indicate that they provide a street address for shipments and etc.

Maybe use a relatives address and then have them send them to you.
Old 07-03-2008, 08:50 AM   #5

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I have a mail forwarding address in SD and initially had a problem. Then I clicked the "The US postal Service does not deliver mail to my home address" box and filled in the pop-up form and it went through okay.

I did get the coupon.
Old 07-04-2008, 07:34 AM   #6

I ran into the same problem...

First time I used my PO Box and was denied.

Then I used my RV park's street address and it was also denied..

Then I re-applied using a friend's home address and ...POOOOFFF .. I was approved...

So if you have a friend who lives in a regular home, use his address for the application and then have him mail the card(s) to you..

John
John Harrelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 06:03 AM   #7

Came to that same conclusion and found friends a address I could use for this purpose. Got the coupons the other day and Now I find out they have to be redeemed within 90 days.

Another problem I've had with the mail forwarding address is the FAA wont accept it for my pilot license. My mail service has made arrangements with a camp ground in Sioux Falls for this purpose if I pay them a fee. I guess truckers have the same problem with their CDL and use a local motel.

Thanks for the response.