Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc.
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-06-2015, 06:27 PM   #15

Phone Sony. Our TV in the house quit, called Sony. Even though it was out of warranty the made me a great deal on a new one directly from their website. You don't have much to lose by calling.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-06-2015, 08:26 PM   #16

Smoke Came From The Back !

OK , the TV is DEAD / Long live the new TV! What ever was going out.....WENT! Now please tell us how much you like your 40-42" flat screen TV and the brand name. LG / Visio / Samsung / Sony? We are motivated buyers.
Czar Of Poop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 05:04 AM   #17

I purchased a Sony KDL40EX600 last year, it was a 720p so got a really good price on it and am very happy with it. To be honest I went to my local TV store with my measurements and would have bought the one that was the closest fit pretty much regardless of brand. Last summer I replaced the TV in the basement outside (was a 2006 and did not support digital on coax/cable) and went to WallMart, again a Sony $210., and again much more for size fit. Pretty nice and bright also.
Old 02-07-2015, 12:59 PM   #18

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I am a big Samsung fan. I am not sure what happens with other devices but if I turn on a Samsung device such as the DVD play the TV automatically switches inputs to that device. The colors are good on my Samsung. I have a vizo in the living area above the dash. I Only have it becsause I won it in a raffle and it was the right size. In the bedroom and my stick and brick house I have Samsung Televisions.
gemini5362 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 01:46 PM   #19

Samsung. We've had them for a long time. Good luck.

2013 FleetWood Expedition 38B
dvmweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 04:00 PM   #20

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by niceguy9605 View Post
I have turned down the brightness which was 75 now 65 and I have a fan on the back. So far no problems. Oh by the way, the TV political shutdown switch was activated by the previous owner.......just kidding!
Interesting (The problem).

As for the political shutdown switch..

Polytics Poly=Many Tics=Blood sucking parasites.

I will not comment on them beyond that old FidoNet tag line.
Old 02-09-2015, 05:07 AM   #21

Monaco Owners Club
Samsung for me, too. The pricing on the UHD is coming down, they are amazing.
Coma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 06:43 AM   #22

Thank You All

Because the TV retracts back up into the ceiling and to make sure it's flush to the ceiling when in the up position we only had 2 1/2" of thickness to work with. So......only Visio and LG meet those requirements. They both were 2-2 1/2" thick and 42"s fits nicely. Based on that, LG had the best reviews, so we paid $348 at WallyWorld. Now is when the FUN begins!
Old 02-21-2015, 05:41 AM   #23

I had a similar problem on my home 55 inch. Since I have an electronics degree I immediately looked to the power supply or board that provides power to the main board. sure enough I had a bad diode. In your instance it IS possible one or more of the electrolytic capacitors may be weak or leaking and when it gets too much heat or input to it, it biases another component incorrectly causing the board to stop providing power. a bit more complicated than that in explanation but it sounds like a power supply issue. Since the tv ( I assume it stays in the rv all year round) is exposed to extreme heat and cold it wreaks havoc on the internal components and may have even caused a cold solder joint that when the tv heats up causes the joint to expand and separate from the board, many other ideas but without taking it apart and testing the power section its hard to tell. you could look for a replacement power board which is usually 50 bux or so and just replace it.....

or buy a new tv.....
RVGuy1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 12:45 PM   #24

A New Twist on the TV Problem

Well you won't believe this.....BUT before we were planning on buying and installing a new LG TV I wanted to do one more check. Remember I mentioned this TV comes down from the ceiling and turns ON and retracts back up and turns OFF. There is a switch component on the back side of the TV that does that. So I unplugged the TV power cord to the switch box and just plugged it in to one of the outlets. The TV works fine! It is a bad auto on/off switch welcroed to the back of the TV. All ceiling drop down TVs have this auto switch. Saved $348.